chapter 1

Winnie

    Moving was hard, especially if it was for a mysterious man that your mother went and eloped with

    Moving was hard, especially if it was for a mysterious man that your mother went and eloped with. Yes, that's right. My mother went and got married to a man that she had never mention or brought around me. We're moving from Canada to California and starting a new life. My biological father passed away when I was 13 which was hard for me to deal with. I'm 17 and I'm finally a senior in high school. I have vitiligo, which is the loss of skin so I have spots on my body. I was very insecure and struggled in middle school, but I became confident and now I feel good about myself.

    The plane to California arrived and we caught an Uber.

    Wow he could've at least picked us up...

     We arrive to a nice sized home.

     The taxi driver helps us with our bags and we leave a tip. My mother rang the doorbell and a boy with the most perfect jawline answered the door. He had beautiful brown eyes, his hair was nice and looked soft, and his lips looked kissable. I'm guessing this is my step brother.

I was too busy admiring him until I saw my mom hug him

I was too busy admiring him until I saw my mom hug him... and kiss him on the lips.

"Zayn, meet Winnie my daughter. Winnie this is my husband and your step-dad ."

  "Hello Winne.", he smiled and his accent made me hot. "Come in guys, Winnie pick any room."

I didn't say one word to him. My mother is 46 and Zayn looks like he's 21. I know they say age ain't nothing but a number but how could my mom do this? I don't know if I'm upset about that or the fact that I can't pounce on his since he's my step-dad.

Zayn

"Babe, I don't think she like me.", I said to Sophia.

"Oh honey, Winnie's shy. She'll warm up to you."

Speaking of her, she walks down the stairs.

Maybe it's because she didn't want to move or because of the way she found out about me. The last thought came to my mind. Maybe she wasn't fond of having a step-father.

"Hey Winnie."

"Hey.", she says with a small smile.

I have to admit she's really beautiful. I know her mother said she was insecure but I don't know why. God took his time on her.

Zayn, stop, what are you thinking!

I ask her if she would like to hang out tomorrow so we can bond and she agrees. The rest of the night consisted of unpacking and cooking dinner. It also consisted of me telling myself to be careful and to not think of Winnie in that way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Story.

Short Chapter.

I'll try updating at least one chapter everyday.