°fourteen°

"Yoongi~?" Y/N drawled, waving her hand in front of the boy's face, causing him to blink twice and look over at her. "Are you ok? You seem really distant lately."

Yoongi shifted in his seat on the floor, and gave Y/N a small nod, picking up a flash card from in front of him and pretending to write on it.

Y/N, however, didn't buy any of it. She raised an eyebrow and leaned over, snatching the flash card from Yoongi's hand and nodding in amusement when she 'read' it.

"Very good, except," she turned the blank flash card round and frowned at Yoongi. "You haven't written anything, genius."

Yoongi scowled at her and reached over to take the card back from her, but Y/N held it above her head, making it harder for Yoongi to access.

"You're not ok, and you're gonna tell me what's wrong otherwise I'm not leaving until you do," she warned and the thing that annoyed Yoongi the most was the fact that he knew she was telling the truth.

"I told you I'm fine, so why can't you just believe me and stop trying to force yourself into my business?" Yoongi raised his voice, getting up on his knees and snatching the card from Y/N's hands while she stared at him, her eyes wide and mouth partly opened.

"What's your problem?" She asked, frowning so hard she thought her eyebrows would pop off. "You're clearly not fine and I'm trying to get to the bottom of it, like a good friend would!"

"Well, stop trying!" Yoongi yelled in response, and Y/N actually flinched away when his cold gaze met hers. "Jesus, you're so annoying!"

"I'm annoying?" Y/N asked in horror. "Have you even met yourself? I was only asking because I care about you!"

"You see?" Yoongi scoffed. "This is why you're so naive! You care too much for others when you know damn well that they don't give a rat's ass about you!"

That last sentence struck a chord in Y/N's chest.

Staring at Yoongi in shock, Y/N bit her lip to hold back her tears as she stood up, grabbing her phone and bag from Yoongi's bed and running out of the room.

Yoongi could hear her rapid footsteps down his stairs and Rose asking her what was wrong, followed by a slam of the front door, and Yoongi knew he had blown it.

Clenching his fists at his sides, Yoongi gritted his teeth in anger and bowed his head just as his aunt walked in.

"What did you do?" She asked quietly but sternly, and Yoongi had no choice but to look up at her.

He wouldn't be able to admit to his aunt that he snapped at Y/N right after confessing to her that he loved her, and Yoongi's pride was held like a crown over his head most of the time.

"Nothing," he lied, and Rose sighed, shaking her head.

"You know, for a boy in love you sure have a strange way of showing it."

~*~

word count: 486

oops