Prologue

"Y-you're going to do what?! Are you mad?!"

Why is it so loud... Who's talking..?

"I told you, we're going to find the Hallows Aberforth..."

"Are you delusional? Those are just children's stories! They don't mean anything!"

"That is where you're wrong. The Hallows are more than just children's stories. Though I wouldn't waste my breath explaining it to your goat-loving mind."

"Please Aberforth, try to understand."

"I will never understand your far-fetched ambitions! It's a wonder you're not sorted into Slytherin Albus, with that amount of ambitiousness, you're just a slimy snake hiding in the lion's den!"

"How dare you speak to your own brother that way! You're a disgrace to the Dumbledores, no wonder people hate you so much!"

"Stop Gellert. Aberforth, listen to me. It's absolutely necessary to find the Hallows. It's the only way to make the world safe for people like Ariana. And we're the only people who could do it."

Ariana? Does he mean... me?

"Oh, so now you're telling me that Ariana is not a normal person? That she's abnormal? A freak? That she's not the perfect little sister that you've always dreamed of?!"

"Stop twisting my words, you know what I meant!"

"No, I don't know! As you say, I'm dim right? I'm a berk. An idiot! How could I possibly understand that you're leaving us to find imaginary objects that are given by frigging Death itself to save this world of the kinds of Muggles that harmed Ariana, thus making the world a 'better' place in your opinion! Yes, I'm the bloody idiot in this family. That's why I'm also going to Hogwarts right? To save my goat-loving mind from rotting! Well, here's some news for you dear brother. I. Don't. CARE! If you want to go, then go! But you can't stop me from staying here and taking care of Ariana and being the brother that she needs. And you tell me I'm the wayward one!" He scoffed. "You know what? Go. Only come back once you figure out that your beloved friend twisted your oh-so-genius brain against your family. Come back once you can finally talk sense to me."

What did he mean by that? This is all so confusing...

"You can't do that! You have to finish your education. It's what mother and father would've wanted!"

"No! They would've wanted us to take care of Ariana! And if I were to continue my education like you so wanted, then what about Ariana? Our helpless sister!"

"She is the reason why we're doing this, you blubbering idiot. Haven't you been listening?! It's for your sister. She will never have to hide from the world again!"

"Cut the crap! Albus, can't you see that you're just going to go off to follow impossible dreams and chasing fantasies? But this is real life! Ariana needs us!"

"But what I'm about to do is going to benefit Ariana in the future as well!"

"In the fucking future! Not bloody now! What happens when Ariana sends out magical backlashes again!? No one is going to bloody benefit from what you're going to do at all if Ariana and I are dead!"

"That's not going to happen because I'm gonna take her with me."

...

"W-what?! YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE HER WITH YOU?! Have you lost your goddamn mind?! What the bloody hell are you thinking?! Ariana couldn't survive a day out of this damn house! And if she can, your friend would pretty much kill her anyway!"

"Watch your tongue, boy! You know nothing of what we're going to do! You cannot withhold us both on our quest!"

Please... stop. My head hurts...

"Aberforth, stop this. You can't do anything. We'll leave tomorrow morning, and you're going to continue your Hogwarts education."

"THAT'S IT! You've gone mad! And that bastard is insane! Damn it, I'M GONNA KILL YOU GRINDELWALD!"

No... no... stop.. please...! Albus... Aberforth!

"CRUCIO!"