Fourteen.

"Kalia, come to the back for sec." Keem said once he peeked his head out from his office door.

"Ooo what you do?" My client asked, I laughed and then proceeded walking to his office, closing the door behind me.

"Yes?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows and standing at his desk. He chuckled. "I was checking to see if you were cool , needed me to handle some shit?"

"No, I'm good. It's no big deal"

"It's weird how we are taking this harder than you." He said sitting back some and oberserving me before saying. "You forgave him haven't you?" I shook my head quickly before sighing and then nodding.

"I did love him, He treated me great. Best I've ever felt in a while. Being out here in New York with no family and only friends who are my co-workers.. I started getting tired of the same thing and he just made me feel like I was at home having fun again." I sorted vented sitting down.

"I know New York is like yo dream city or some shit but maybe Florida is where you should be."

"I'm from Cali Keem" I said correcting him and rolling my eyes , he laughed and so did I. "Its plenty of jobs but most of all ya family is out there."

I looked down at my nails and nodded. I haven't been here a whole year and I'm already giving up and going back home.

"Thanks ugly" He smiled and nodded , I stood up and walked back out to my area , braiding the rest of her head. I was beginning to get behind on the bills at my apartment and paying for a ride everyday wasn't helping shit. I had to start doing extra time.

"What did his ass want?" Jas asked giving me a look.

I laughed. "Dont start, he was just checking on me."

"and you're good right?" Trey asked , I felt his eyes on me but once i looked up he looked away. I smiled , "Yeah , I wish yall would chill. I appreciate it but I promise I'm fine."

"Mhmm." Serenity said while she washed and conditioned Cookie's hair. He's one of her good friends from the gay community.

"Wassup ya'll?" This tall guy greeted as he came in with a very big smile. "Hey" we all said together.

"What you need b?" Trey asked once he brushed one of his clients off.

"I was gone see if Kalia could dye and braid my hair in a certain style."

I looked up at him once I heard my name and smiled , nodding my head. "Well excuse me then." Trey said playfully.

Keem walked out of his office. "Ight I gotta go handle some shit real quick. Ima leave the key here in case I don't come back and its closing time. Don't fuck shit up" Keem never lets anybody lock up but himself, once he let Jass lock up but her ass forgot.

"He throwing shade?" Jass said once he left out and we all laughed. I sprayed spritz on Kesha, my client's hair and then took the money from her once she stood up.

"Ight Kesha" Trey spoke saying bye. "Boy bye" We laughed. "Damn Trey , she did you like that huh?"Serenity said. "Find a man first then talk to me."

"You got one?" Cookie asked smirking at him. "Don't get fucked up lil nigga, I'm strictly into-"

"That's what they all say.."

"I need a cigarrate" I laughed and looked over at the guy. "Come over to the washing bowl." He stood up and followed me over. Once he sat down i turned on the water and started washing his hair. "What color would you like?"

---

It was getting late. I was waiting for his hair to dry. I was kinda sleepy but money is money. Everyone left except for Trey, he says he wants to make sure I'm good but the real thing is the nigga has no life.

I walked over to him and felt his hair. "Alright come on."

"Whew finally, that shit was hot." I laughed and waited for him to sit in my chair.

"Trey!" I yelled noticing that he was sleep. He jumped alittle and looked at me. "Take yo ass home."

"You sure?" I nodded and smiled , starting to apply dye to his hair. He grabbed all of his things and left out slowly.

"Whats your name?" I asked so there wouldn't be awkward silence. He put his phone down in his lap once he got down texting. "I'm Kentrell." I nodded. "That's cute."

"I bet youre wondering how I knew you and you didn't know me."

"Kinda." I chuckled and so did he , he sat back more comfortably. "I heard about you round the city.. Heard you good at this shit. But we gone see."

I laughed. "I'm more than good at this."

"Cocky huh?" "Maybe" I smiled and checked for any stands with no dye.

---

"All done" I said as I turned him to the mirror yawning. "Thanks a lot shorty." I nodded and counted the money that he gave me smiling. "You know you gave me an extra 50 dollars right?"

"Yeah, Its a little appreciaton gift. I got something big tonight and I waited last minute to get this shit done."

I nodded. "Bachelor party for ya wedding?" He scoffed and shook his head. "Never, but its some crazy shit."

"Like? I don't wanna guess."

"Ion even know yo ass , all these questions" He joked , I laughed and went back to the break room grabbing my things before i heard the door shut behind me. My heart started pounding fast. I turned around. "What you close the door for?"

He shrugged and walked over to me. "Chill baby." I sighed at the flashback of Rell. I'd rather it be him then this guy. "Yo get back!" He smacked my teeth and grabbed my wrist, throwing me down on the small couch and I began to scream.

I didn't care what he would do to hurt me because touching my private areas would hurt me even worse.

"Shut the fuck up!" He said as he undressed me hungrily.