Incisions

He loved his dog. It was his best friend. The dog loved him too. The dog loved their daily walks, always to the food store, but on day they took a different route and it was confused. He looked at his dog and said "I love you" as they got to a dark alley. He carried the dog and laid it on the ground he brought out the blade as he looked into its big sad eyes and made the vertical incision down its throat. He didn't make it too deep. He loved to watch it struggle. As it thrashed around, it still looked at him with those big round eyes. He held down its head and stabbed out the stupid brown eyes. He made a mental note to do that first when he was doing the real thing. He waited until it got weak, then he extended the incision down to the lower abdomen. "The real one won't be this strong" He told himself. When the thrashing stopped,he carefully carried its body and dropped it into the dumpster. He seemed unfazed as he changed his clothes and took a shower at the gas station bathroom. It wouldn't do to get home covered in blood.

"I'm so sorry your dog ran away, I'm sure he'll turn up" his mom said that she as she and his dad stepped into the car."look after Lillian" she said as the car drove off. He went inside. Lillian was wide awake in her stroller. He carried her into the cot. He looked into her big brown eyes and said

"I love you"

He made the incisions.