Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

o05.

Chapter Five

(Marley Wright)

Saturday, April 22nd 2017

"Hey boo thang!"

I laughed at my friend, Lola, and shook my head inviting her inside. It had been well over a month since I'd seen her and she was overdue for an update.

"Hey honey." I smiled while hugging her close to me. "Are you back for good?" I asked, joining her on the couch.

It was Saturday and Moriah had come to get MJ and Miracle about an hour ago, so we had the house to ourselves.

"I am." She smiled. "I have so much to tell you too bitch. Cali was lit, nothing like boring ass Charlotte but you know home is home." She shrugged.

"You coming back to the shop?" Before I had anyone, I had Lola. She helped me run the nail salon, kept my head above water when I doubted myself. Even gained us some more clients by offering her makeup services.

"I am but enough about that. How is Micah doing? How are the kids?"

When Lola called to tell me she was coming back home, I filled her in on everything that was going on back here with me. Besides Micah, she was one of the few people I talked to and with her finally back, it made talking to her so much easier.

"Micah's doing okay; he has another ten weeks before he can come home but he's making great progress. MJ and Miracle are great; they've been nothing but helpful around here. I honestly don't know if I'll want them to go home when the time comes," I answered honestly.

"You're heaven sent Marley, I swear you are." She smiled while shaking her head. "You know how many people would have sent them off to live with their grandparents or even your older sister. But you are holding your brother and his kids the fuck down. I like that about you. You're genuinely a good person and you've been that way since I've known you."

"Thanks Lola, I just wish Carter saw things that way." I sighed while lying back on the couch.

"What's his problem? You know what, don't tell me. His punk ass caught a bitch fit, didn't he? You weren't showing him enough attention?" Lola hit the nail on the head, causing me to just laugh lowly.

"You have no idea." I shook my head. "He started complaining the other day about us not having enough sex and how he doesn't fit in this thing I got going on."

"The fuck?" Lola's face screwed up at my comment.

"Yes, he was acting as if I didn't take on a whole responsibility of raising Micah and Miracle until their dad got better. Not to mention, the kids just lost their mother not even two years ago. I can't see myself making them anything other than my first priority right now. They need me Lo."

"Oh, I know. It just sucks your dude can't understand that."

Before I could answer, my phone went off, letting me know I had a text message. 

>>(1:34pm)From Elijah: Heeeyyy Marley

I shook my head and laughed a little to myself before replying.

<<(1:35pm) To Elijah: Hello Elijah, what are you and Bella up to?

When I looked up from my cellphone Lola was staring a hole into my face.

"Who are you over there texting Marley Renee Wright?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Elijah...the new friend of the family I told you about."