Ch. 9

Layla's POV

My guards are acting funny today. It's been 1 month, since I have had these guards. There are 4 of them. Their names are Barry, Steve, Dave, and Mack. It has been a few awkward days but there are now a system where the awkwardness is not as bad. For school, the guards stay outside of my class and stay so many feet in front and back so I can hang out with my friends.
But today they are acting like someone is coming or something is going to happen. When I asked, they clam up and will not say a word. I wonder what's going on.
I get back from school today and there are royal cars at the pack house. I thought the king said I could. What could it be?

Prince's POV
I talked to my parents and they said to travel to the different packs around here. They suggested to start in the Blue Wave Pack. They know something, but will not tell me. So I just arrived and my wolf is starting to rise and it confuses me. There's a sent. It's faint like it was here this morning, but not now. I enter the alphas office and he greets me hello. "How may I help you, young prince?" The alpha asks. "I am looking for my mate, and my parents suggested this pack to start. Also there's a faint sent, like she's been here lately." "Has anyone left the pack lately?" I ask hoping no one left. The alpha looks with a sad face, "we just lost a member due to suicide, she lost her mate a while back, she left a daughter behind. Which was here this morning and will be back soon." Just after the alpha stopped talking, the front door opened and I smelled the most wonderful smell. I went out front and I found....

__________________________________________________________________
Who do you think the prince found? What do you think Layla found out when she got home?
I know it's short, but I am very busy with school and taking boards, so I wanted to get this out to everyone. I am glad to receive all your nice comments and your votes. Thank you everyone.