Chapter Seven

I find Travis sitting in his room.
"What did my father talk to you about?"
"Nothing, he just said that he knows I like you, and that I should tell you that." I sit next to him and he smiles, hugging me.
"I'm glad you finally realize."
"We didn't do our report."
"You can come over tomorrow." I smile.
"I'd love to." He smiles back at me and leans forward. I lean forward too and kiss him. I feel the sparks and I smile against his lips. He pulls back quickly smiling at me.
"Lets go get your sister."
"Okay." He leads me out of his room and down the hall. He knocks on a door and it opens revealing Rena. My eyes narrow and she cringes slightly, not meeting my eyes,
"Is Holly in here?" Travis asks.
"Yeah, she's here with Alycia." She steps out of the way and Holly bounces out of the room.
"Look Rena braided my hair." I grabbed her in my arms, not trusting Rena.
"We're going home now." I say. She pouts, but nods.
"See you tomorrow Alycia!"
"Tomorrow?" I ask.
"Yeah, she goes to my school. She's not in my grade though."
"We're coming back here after school, we need to finish our project." She squeals, happy about coming back.
"I'm happy that we are coming back. I don't like it at the house, it's lonely." She says.
"Why is it lonely, where are your parents?" Travis asks. I turn to Holly and she flinches, looking guilty.
"They always work late." I say, not able to look at him.
"You are always welcome here." Travis says and I smile at him. "I'll walk you home." He says taking my hand. He leads me outside and starts to walk down the block. We come to a stop outside my house and I walk up the steps to the porch.
"Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow." I say smiling at him.
"Goodnight." He says back turning around and walking back to his house. I step inside and let out a loud breath and lean against the wall.
You are letting him in. Megaera says.
I am, I don't know if I want to, but I am. I walk up the stairs and into my room. I brush my teeth and take out my contacts. I lay on my bed and look up at my ceiling. Thinking about Travis I can't keep the smile off my face.