Chapter Twenty-Four

Travis brought me back inside and sat in his bed with me in his arms. I wipe my face with the back of my head and take a deep breath.
"I am going to take a shower," I say standing up. I walk into the bathroom and close the door. I Len against the door, pressing my hand over my frantically beating heart. I close my eyes, biting my lip. I slowly slide down the wall. This can't be happening again.

"History sure has a knack for repeating itself." He says sliding his hand along the wall. His nails scrape against he dark wood. "Don't you think so, little kitten?" He stops in front of my younger quavering body. "Just like your mother, so weak." I look up, my eyes meeting his almost black eyes. "Why won't you fight back?" He asks. He raises his knee and hits me in the face. I hear my nose crack and I scream in pain. "Why won't you fight?" He asks kicking me again. "So weak, won't even protect yourself." He snarls kicking me again and again. I cower, curling up into a ball.
"Please stop!" I yell.
"Why won't you fight back?" He yells continuing to kick me. I feel myself being pushed and I am not longer in control.

That was the fist time I shifted into Megaera. I was only eleven, my parents had just been killed. Usually were-beings shift when they turn fifteen, but I shifted early. I didn't have anyone to teach me how to deal with Megaera. i had to lean by myself, and I still haven't learned.I killed him, but not only that I tortured him. I killed him slowly, letting him bleed out. He begged and pleaded, but I didn't stop, I couldn't stop. I killed all of them, I killed everyone. I took Holly and we ran away together. And we have been running since. We never stopped, until now.
There was a soft knock n the door, causing my head to snap up.
"Bri?" Travis asks quietly.
"I'm fine." I say my voice shaking. I wiped my tears and stood up. I undressed and started the shower. As I stepped into the warm water I let myself break down. I start to sob, letting my tears mingle with the water. I covered my face in an attempt to muffle my sobs. Holly is dead, the very person I was meant to protect. I have failed. I have failed as a sister.
I turn off the water after a few minutes and dry myself off. I get dressed and step out of the bathroom. I have failed. I close my eyes and lay in bed, letting my tears fall down my face. I have failed.

•••
I decided to update early since Kitten is now at 1.3 K!! I am so happy!! Thank you so much! I would love to hear your feedback!! So comment, vote and check out my other stories!