Chapter 43

Reynold's POV

"I thought you were dead," I said, trying to contain my anger.

"It's a miracle," William said sarcastically, sneering as he did so.

Emerson, Albert, and Michael were awe-struck by William. We had all just accepted that he was gone. Now, he was back and here with an army to kill us. Michael pointed his gun at him. "You lied to us! You understand how much pain you caused everyone?! It's been fifty damn years!" he yelled. William shrugged, making Albert and Emerson grit their teeth.

"How?" Rose growled. She was angrier than the four of us combined. Her knuckles were pure white from clenching her fists.

William smirked. "You're not very good at finishing the job."

"What do you mean?" Emerson snapped. Oh no.

"Rose, do you know him?" Albert asked. Rose didn't answer. The three of them looked to me, but I kept my eyes glued on Rose, whose fear of being discovered made her bravery falter.

William's eyes widen, then he grinned from the realization. "They don't know, do they? Or were you expecting to hide behind those silly contacts for the rest of your life?" he said to Rose. He looked at the group of us behind her.

"I'm the liar?! Why don't you show them who you are, Rose?" William insisted. All of our eyes were on Rose. She looked terrified. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Rose, don't," I pleaded. She looked at me, probably debating her fate. I knew the men next to me, but they were also unpredictable. Either they would accept her and understand why she did it, or kill her on the spot.

Before Rose could open her mouth, the door opened, but it was a casual action, not the sudden burst through the door like the attackers and William. "It's safe in here," I girl said.

"We're not supposed to be in here, Rylee!" another said, whom I recognized as Grace.

"It's a bloodbath outside! I don't think Dracula will mind," another girl responded. When they closed the door, two of them gasped when they saw the group of us, while the other didn't seem surprised at all. I examined their faces. They were Rose's roommates. I knew their names, but not their faces: Abby, Grace, and Rylee.

"Rose?! What are you doing here? Are you part of this massacre?" one of them asked. I looked at her long blonde hair. Wasn't her name Abby? She pointed to the black piece of cloth on Rose's arm, which she had forgotten to take off.

"What are you doing here?! And of course I'm not part of this!" Rose yelled, ripping the cloth off. She was flustered, I could tell by the way she was chewing the side of her mouth.

"Grace, get out of here," Michael begged. He was just as worried as Rose. This was a deadly situation if they didn't find safety soon. Grace immediately nodded, but her friend, which was probably Rylee, stopped her from turning around.

"Why would we leave? Rose was just about to say something," Rylee said, smiling innocently.

Rose gasped. "How did you hear that?" she whispered. "You're not five years turned yet."

It struck me. Neither of the other two girls heard it, but she did. "She's a lot older than she says she is," I growled. Before we could react, Rylee grabbed Grace, holding a knife to her throat. It didn't take long for Michael to charge. As he super speeded over, William took something out of his pocket. A knife.

"Michael! Watch out!" I screamed. It was too late. The knife was out of William's hand and hurtle towards Michael's path. He wouldn't be able to dodge that.

I watch in horror as the knife flew towards a speeding Michael as if the entire thing was in slow motion. Just before it could hit him, someone appears in front of him.

"Rose!" Abby screeches. I heard Albert gasp. Rose had blocked the knife from hitting Michael, who quickly grabbed Grace from Rylee, who started snickering. Grace ended up next to me, wide-eyed and in complete shock.

"Oh my god," Michael mumbled when he saw Rose. Blood dripped down her hand from where she had grabbed the knife by its blade. She threw it to the opposite side of the room, perfectly nailing it into the wall. The deep cut in her hand quickly healed once the knife was out. I cursed underneath my breath when I saw her eyes.

Her eyes burned into William's, glowing brightly from her anger. She had taken off her red contacts, revealing their true color - a shocking silver.

"Ladies and gentlemen," William announced, clapping his hands together. "After four hundred years, the White Shadow finally comes out of hiding."