The Mark.

A/N:

Okay, so I am writing like crazy because I am hyped up on so much caffeine. But I also need more coffee, because this story is just flying out my fingers like a wild animal!

Okay, I don't know if that made any sense. But I hope this chapter does! :)

This is mostly just some cool information and stuff. 

And I did draw the mark and the runes. I scribbled it out in like a minute. Really, just now.:)

I couldn't find anything online, and I wanted the mark to fit with the story. Sorry they look terrible. :)

Enjoy!:)

-End of A/N-

Saturday.

December 3, 2005.

(DRACO P.O.V.)

I woke up, not opening my eyes, and stretched my legs, kicking something that was sitting on top of the covers. I knew what it was without having to open my eyes. I sighed and turned my head to the left, not moving from how I was laying on my stomach.

"Mia, love, what are you doing awake?" I said, eyes still closed. I heard her sigh and then felt her place a kiss on my cheek.

"Go back to sleep, Dray." She said in a quiet voice. I opened my left eye and then sighed. She was reading books and taking notes.

"For the love of the Gods, Mia. Can't that wait till morning?" She rolled her eyes and flipped a page in the book open in front of her. She was sitting with her legs outstretched, a book on her knees, and parchment on her right.

"It is morning." She said without removing her eyes from the text. I looked at my watch and groaned.

"It's three-thirty in the morning. Meaning you should be asleep." She just shrugged it off and continued whatever she was doing. I groaned and then turned over, laying on my back for a moment before sitting up and getting out of bed. I made my way to the kitchen and made her favourite tea before bringing it up to our room. I sat the tea down on her nightstand before climbing over her books and things, careful not to move them, and sitting next to her.

"What are you working on?" I said looking at the book that she was looking at. She sighed.

"The mark Blaine leaves on his victims. It has to come from somewhere. Even if it's his own design, statistically it will have a base in some better known symbol." She said, the quill tapping on the parchment as her eyes scanned the pages of text. I sighed and rubbed my left eye.

"Well, that's true. But why are you looking at...Scottish symbols?" I said after I looked at the cover of the book. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"I've already looked at Norwegian, English, Irish, and Italian. Seeing as how Dante is an Italian name." I nodded slowly. I looked at a piece of parchment that was on the bed and grabbed it, staring at it for a minute. Mia had drawn the mark. There was a sense of familiarity about it. Not because I had seen it before, but something about how it looked. I hadn't realized how long I had been staring at it, I had been staring at the mark for about an hour. Mia had finished her tea and was onto the next book. And that is when it hit me.

 And that is when it hit me