I. Brother

It was a hot Thursday afternoon. Me and my bro's were off for a work. We're just school kids but we do most of the school construction. Except for the school's buildings. We do the extensions of it. Hammers were banging the nails burying it in the wood. It's kinda hard to do, but we'll do it...for our grades--and God. I'm smiling just thinking about it.  "Yo Zly!" Xander shouted "Lemme show you my carpentry skills." He added. He held the hammer and spin it and hit the nails while its spinning. Xander winked at Zlyghter which annoyed him. I laughed as I looked at them. I'm currently sitting below the shade of the tree. I heard ringing from my pant's side pocket. It's my phone. My phone isn't really modernized. It's the old keypad phone which I got from buying the WiFi Router. 

I grabbed my phone and answered the call. It's my cousin, Mysty. A feminine voice was heard from the other line. "Kuya, are you going to the meeting?" she asked. I'm a year older than her. She's a short girl, with a slight wavy hair, and wears a clear-glassed Ray-Ban-styled glasses. She looks cute for some reasons. "Hello?" I snapped out of dreamland when I heard her voice. "Y-Yes. Why?" I replied. I'm coming with Zly, because he's also an officer for the Mathematics Club. "4 o'clock. After classes got it?" I reminded her. "Yes babe~" She replied in a seductive tone. We usually call each other random names. I ended the call and continued working. After class, I looked at my phone and I received 1 message from the club president telling the meeting has been cancelled due to the tightness of schedules. Exam week is coming, that's why everyone's busy with projects. 

I was on the way home when I remembered something. I stopped on a burger joint to order 2 burgers...one for me and one for my little sister who's begging for an Indonesian style black pepper burger for more than a week now. I payed for the burger and went straight home. A few meters away, I could see my sister waving happily at me. Maybe she noticed the burger. She ran towards me and hugged me tight. She thanked for the burger by giving me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled as I continued to walk home holding my sisters hand.