Chapter 5: Her

(AN: okay, this has nothing to do with this, but did any of y'all see Josh Kaufman perform "It Will Rain" by Bruno Mars on the Voice? I loveeee that song!)

I go walk away to the balcony, and sit next to the unlit fire pit. "Knock knock," Hannah says. She's leaning against the wall, halfway inside and outside the penthouse. I dry my eyes, and try to make the redness of my face go away before she comes to sit next to me. "Demetria, why are you crying?" "My past is dark. I had a lot of problems, different ones." I avoid eye contact with her. "What problems?" "There was this girl, her name was Destiny. She was my girlfriend for a really long time. The longer we were in a relationship, the more I learned how.... damaged she was. The longer I was with her, the more she dragged me into her addictions." She tries to interrupt me, but I say, "I know, but let me finish. One day, I woke up to find a dead body in our closet in my house. Her boss, her best friend. I was one of the suspects. When they figured out it was her, she tried to get me to convince the police. I didn't believe her." "So you said no," Hannah finished. "Yeah. She swore that once she found me, she would hurt me and the others around me. I changed my hair, my name, and I stopped my addiction, since she was the only person pushing me to keep them." I fish my wallet out of my jacket pocket, and show Hannah a photo of me with blonde hair from before. "Wow," is all she can say. I wouldn't blame her, it's a lot to take in. "Yeah, she flunked out of Harvard in the first week. I let her stay at my apartment. She was such a good person before the substance abuse, and her friends." I feel tears crawling down my face again. Hannah holds out her arms as if to invite an embrace. She holds me, and I end up crying on her blue t-shirt. "Oh, shit, sorry." I try to wipe the tears off her shoulder, but they just seem to spread. Crap. "It's okay." She laughs, making me feel embarrassed. "Demetria, I won't tell anyone, not even Grace. But, I think you should think more about your safety. For example, how long is she jailed?" "Sixteen years, but from the looks of our local prison, I wouldn't be surprised if she broke out sooner or later." A worried look is plastered over her face. Whoops, it's like I ripped off the bandage too early. I rephrase my answer. "But... um... Okay, it's sounds terrible, but I'm fine. I bet YouTube has high security, if you think about it." She considers this for a bit, by the looks of her expression, but her concerned expression reforms on her face. "Just be careful. If there's anything else you want to talk about, I'm always here for you." She gives me a friendly smile, and we go back inside.

Hope y'all liked the chapter. BTW, I wonder something.... Who are tall favorite artists and stuff. Like, I really like Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, The Fray, etc. But what do you guys like to listen to? I need to find more artists and such..... Well, byeeeee!

-ninja.