Chapter 6

Bonnie's POV

  I guess you could finally say some sort of boundary has been crossed between this original vampire & me - the Bennett witch. That is if the line had even existed in the first place. As I'm sitting at this waterfall I can't help but imagine what my life would be like if I accepted Kol into my life. But why am I thinking of this at this second? I have found how much I have grew fonder and fonder of him, which scares me to absolute death. 

I'm out here in the woods close to the falls to gain peace within myself because honestly I don't know what's wrong with me. Well I do but I can't throw off the balance of nature. It just can not be. So as I am sitting her emotionless, I chant to form the smooth string of Latin I have grew more fluent with. 

The leaves began to levitate - just like that night with Elena and the feathers of the pillow. This is the feeling I miss dearly. The sense of being safe and not having to look over my shoulder constantly & I mean constantly. I usually only feel this safeness when I am around-

I heard the crunching of leaves and I spun my head as fast as I could to the noise - which of course broke my concentration causing the leaves to fall. My green eyes met those brown eyes I love to set my eyes upon. "I'm sorry love, I didn't mean to startle you." The beautiful man bowed. 

I tried to maintain my composure but of course with my luck I began to turn red, "It's okay Kol, I don't own these woods. Why are you here?"

"I believe to just clear my mind and hope for the best love - I see that's why you're here too." He smirked seeing what he could do to me. 

"Oh so you read minds now?" I teased.

"Maybe, do you mind if I sit?" He politely questioned. 

When he sat you could just see and actually feel this overpowering of sadness & grief. Surprisingly it really hurt me to see Kol feeling this way - as if he was on the verge of tears. It's heart clenching to see someone with so much potential, have this much depression. "As a witch it is your job, your legacy to restore balance to nature and protect & enforce the laws of nature for the Divine being itself," he paused,"Did you know that I used to be a witch?" I gasped because honestly I had no idea and shook my head signaling I really had no clue. "My mum as you know, was one of the greatest who ever roamed on this Earth. My sister Freya, who has passed, and I would do these beautiful incantations before everything turned to dust. Simple ones just like you did, was the same ones we would do together. This is why my brother Niklaus un-staked me - because I know most magic. I know curses, I know the healing spells, I know the destructive spells, I know possibly as much as I need to know. So with the information I acquire I can quickly assume and notify if a witch is setting a trap to destroy him & the rest of the originals. Is it that bad to my family that I no longer want to be in possession of this vampire heart? Because truly, I don't miss being human, I miss being a witch and being with or around you reminds me why. Bonnie you make me feel so alive, much more than you will ever fathom." I sucked in a hard breath, trying to not let any tears spill. "I want to love you my dear Bonnie Bennett, but with me being this abomination I don't think you or I will ever risk that."

I sighed trying to fight my emotions letting a couple tears spill, "That's harsh, I would never use abomination as the term, most vampires don't get to make that decision to be turned."

"Never did I expect a witch to show empathy for a vampire - non the least a original, of it's burden."

"I suppose we are even because I've never met a original nor a vampire to be so kind & un-biased before." I pondered on the feeling of his discomfort and the fact that he must not really believe me. "Y'know Kol there are horrible and I mean horrible vampires out there, and believe me you aren't one of them. I know your thirst out weighs your emotions but a little time and effort with someone by your side might help."

"If only you knew, little witch." 

My face contorted, "Seriously of all the names you could think of you still want to stick with little witch?"

He smiled, actually smiled, "It's a compliment love, I swear."

I blushed and rolled my eyes, "Whatever you say Dracula."

He winced, "Oh indeed?"

"I promise, it's a compliment love." I laughed wholeheartedly.