Operation Reconciliation, Go!

"And so... we should split up and observe them separately.  I think we need to figure out what they're up to first."

"Yep, yep!  You're probably right!  Let's do that~!" 

And thus, Daire and Sylphid split up, for better or worse.  And so it began... 

"Alright, Daire, why did you call me all the way out here for lunch?"

Two girls sat beneath a tree a fair distance away from the academy.  One had long, orange hair, and the other's facial expression never seemed to change.  

Daire shrugged.

"I just wanted to talk, Sadhbh-senpai.  Are you still mad at Fionn?"

She blushed, surprised at the topic all of a sudden.

"O-of course I am!  That damn pervert, barging into the locker room all of a sudden!"

"I'm sure it was an accident," murmured Daire.  "You should start talking to him again.  I think he's been really sad since you've been ignoring him."  

"O-oh, my, do you think so?"

Sadhbh seemed awfully happy to hear about Fionn's depression.  Daire smiled inwardly. This should be easy.  

She made her best set of puppy eyes and stared at Sadhbh, somewhat tearfully.

"Senpai, please... it's hard for me to see you two, who are always so happy together, not get along."

"A-ah, kyaa, that means~  I mean, yes!  I'm so sorry to have bothered you by it, Daire!  I'll try and make up with him as soon as possible!"

She's so easy to read, thought Daire, as she changed her features into a relieved smile.  As long as Sylphid does her part right, it'll be straight back to happily ever after!

The two girls continued to eat lunch happily, a warm atmosphere between them.  Sadhbh seemed especially happy, and was nearly humming to herself.  Suddenly, their peace was disturbed by a sing-song voice --

"Ahahahahaha! Slowpoke~ can't catch me; I'm so much faster!"

"W-why are you here again!  Wait up!"

The comedic scene of a young teenager huffing and puffing while chasing a gleeful fairy cut across that previously peaceful repast.  

"Oh... my.  So there really was a fairy."

Somehow, Sadhbh seemed somewhat shocked.  Daire exchanged winks with Sylphid as she passed, and Fionn chased the fairy into the distance.  

"I-I'm sorry, senpai... for that to have suddenly happened."

"No, it's alright, Daire!  Ahh, I really owe Fionn an apology, now.  To think, I'd thought he was lying all this time..." 

Sadhbh had a downcast, somewhat shy expression.  In other words, perfect!  Since she felt guilty, there was no way she'd screw it up now!  

~~

Later that day, Sylphid and Daire watched the two underneath the tree from behind another, observing carefully.

"I-I'm sorry, Fionn, for ignoring you like that... I thought you were just lying!"

"No, it's okay, Sadhbh."

He gave her a stupidly handsome smile that really should be illegal for someone so dense to have.  

"I'm just glad you'll talk to me again."

"Fionn...! I-I...!"

Two pairs of eyes gleamed from the shadows at the sudden outburst.

"Yes?"

Fionn had a quizzical expression, as he stared back at her.

She huffed, then gave a relieved smile.

"It's nothing, stupid.  Really, stupid."

"I hear an insult, but it doesn't really feel like one.  How strange."

The two bumped fists, and walked back towards academy together.  As soon as they were out of earshot....

"I can't believe that worked so well!  More like, that orange-hair has no guts, ahhh!"

"I'm sure she'll succeed someday.  After all, in my original vision, they were married."

"Oh, yeah! Vision, vision!  Check it again!  We fixed this, so it should be fixed, right?"

Daire nodded.  She should still check; it really was better to be safe than sorry.  It was pretty difficult for her to pinpoint a specific vision to glimpse out, though.

"Hey, Sylphid, you're a fairy right?  Do you use Prana's energy, perchance?" 

"Ah, um, Prana?  That's just like, regular life energy, uh, so, maybe, er yes?"

Sylphid thought for a while, before finally nodding.  It seemed similar enough.  

"Please hold hands with me in that case.  I will use some of your energy to help me stabilize mine."  

The two held hands, and Daire began to concentrate.

"Ooh, wow!  The scenery's changing! Cool!"

Apparently, this had the side effect of allowing Sylphid to see as well.  The two glanced around.  They were standing on a rooftop, overlooking the school's courtyard.  Fionn and Sadhbh sat together on a bench, and were doing all sorts of (g-rated!) affectionate things, such as gently kissing, staring into each other's eyes, and whatnot.  

"H-hey, isn't that...!"

Sylphid turned around to look at whatever Daire had seen.

"Oh!  Isn't that... er, that one girl... what was her name again?"

"It's Oisin, Oisin!  What the heck is she doing!"

The two watched speechlessly as Oisin sobbed and flung herself off the roof.  The last thing they saw before the scenery turned back were Fionn and Sadhbh's shocked faces as they witnessed her death.

"Why the heck did it end up like that!  What is this, some goddamn drama?!"

"Eh, isn't it okay?  Sadhbh and Fionn are together, after all!"

"That's definitely not okay!  That's definitely still a bad end!  We have to stop it!"

Sylphid shrugged.

"I'm bored, so count me in!"  

--