Chapter 3: Emily Claire

I rode in the car to school. I kept glancing at my dad. He didn't say anything about hearing voices, although wizards had very good hearing. He stopped the car in front of the school and looked at me. I hadn't realized where we were.

"Why are you looking at me?" He asked.

I closed my eyes and shook my head.

"Sorry. I was just spacing off and it happened to be in your direction. Sorry." I opened my eyes.

He had a wide smile on his face and the look on his face told me he was amused.

"You said sorry twice already. Don't feel the need to say it again." He said.

I nodded. He leaned over and kissed my forehead.

"Have fun at school. Don't hang out with blood suckers." He said.

I nodded again and swallowed. I got out of the car. I closed the door behind me and watched him drive away. Swarms of teenagers were walking by me. Every school day of my life, my dad had said, "Don't hang out with blood suckers."

Yet, this time, it wasn't funny. Because I was going to hang out with bloodsuckers. I was on my way to do this right now, and I wanted to hang out with the bloodsucker. He was a special bloodsucker. More like a warm blooded muscle man...

"Hey!" A voice interrupted my thoughts. I looked in the direction of the voice and saw Emily Claire. She had light brown hair and blue eyes. She wore purple glasses and was always carrying a book around. Her favorite thing to read about was witches and wizards.

She knew I was a witch. I denied it, of course. But that didn't make her change her mind. Other witch books had the moon necklaces, and their elders also had big heart necklaces like my elders did.

"How is my witch friend today?" Emily said loudly. I rolled my eyes. "I am not a witch. Give it up. Plus, we barely hang out. I wouldn't call us friends." I said.

I walked away from her, moving through the swarm of teenagers. I walked inside of the school. There were kids everywhere, talking and laughing. I pushed my way through and walked to my locker.

I hadn't realized that Emily had been following me. When I stopped to open my locker, I looked at her.

"Emily. Please leave me alone. I'm not in a good mood right now." I said. This was a huge lie, for soon Damian would walk through the doors. I blushed.

I heard a huge gasp. I looked at her and saw her looking in the direction of the door. I followed her gaze. Damian was walking in, stunning as ever.

He looked over the crowd. When his eyes met mine, he stopped looking and smiled warmly at me. I smiled back.

"He's looking at me!" Emily squealed. I rolled my eyes. I wanted badly to say that he was looking at me, not her, but I kept quiet.

Damian started walking in our direction.

"He's walking this way! What do I do? Do I look okay?" Emily asked and turned back to me. I didn't answer her.

"I'm so happy to see you, Mel'" Damian said when he reached us. Emily looked at me, her eyes wide.

"You know him?" She whispered to me.

Damian chuckled. I looked at him again, and he smiled. I could tell by his face that he had heard what Emily said.

"We met over the weekend." I said, and opened up my locker. I tried to keep my eyes off of Damian. I didn't want him to know that I had a crush on him.