Chapter 1

Ahmad's P.O.V

I can't believe she is late!

She knows how important this day is to us for God's sake, it's our anniversary. For crying out loud.

I and Khadeejah have been together for a year now.  She really is my star and I'm the light that enhances her glow, even in broad daylight.

I pulled out my phone from my back pocket, dialed her number and impatiently waited for her to pick.

"I'm so sorry!" Khadeejah began immediately. "My mum said I should drop something off at her friend's house. But I'm on my way right now," her siren's voice dissipated my anger.

She sounds innocent, her voice so soft and tender that it was hard to remember the reason for my frustration.

"Okay. But you're 30 minutes late fah," 

"I know.....and I'm sorry," she said. I could imagine her apologetic eyes as I stood.

"How long would it take you to get here?" 

"About two seconds" Khadeejah giggled, while stressing the 'about'. When I turned, she walked in with the most perfect smile. The glow of her hair made the sun envious. Her perfect clothes, oh and those dazzling eyes all in one body...

I suspended my phone on my left hand; the hand grew more numb as she got closer. The heat of the blood coursing through my veins was all too familiar in her presence. Every part of my body was expectant. Oh my lord, she looked breathtaking.

Of course I was speechless.

She made me speechless. I made one last feeble attempt at making myself look presentable before she was by my side. I found a smile working it's way to my face the more I noticed, in detail, how she looked. She wore a pale pink dress which had a slit by the side up to her knee, teasingly reveal a bit of her skin. Khadeejah's hair was packed in a ponytail. The expression of her elegance ended with a dazzling smile.

"Hey," I spoke trying to get a grip of myself . "You look...." The words were lost in my throat and my brain was too occupied to reconstruct a sentence. She started blushing when she noticed my confused expression; her fair skin had a touch of red on her cheeks.

"Amazing," I finally said.

"Thank you," Khadijah blushed a deeper red than a few seconds ago.

"Wait...did you just say a thank you?'' I teased. Our browns were drawn to each other, a smile still on my face. "What did you do to my Khady?"

"What? I can't be nice again?" she chuckled as she took her seat.

"I never said that."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We ate.

We talked.

We took pictures.

We were now out of rice bowl on our way to the cinema at  Jabi Lake Mall. 

"So what movie are we going to watch?" She asked for the fourth time that day.

"It's a surprise," I said with a smirk.

"Surprise?" Her left eyebrow was raised when she asked.

"You'll see..." I sounded confident, though anxiety was roughly shaking me deep down.

*****
The movie began shortly after we took our seats.

It was a flippagram of all the pictures we've taken together since we began seeing each other– individuals who thought of each other as more than friends.

"Are you for real?" She looked overwhelmed, tearing up and smiling at the same time. "This is so amazing!" She hugged me tightly, the joy in her eyes could not be missed.

I was on top of the world.

'It is time, yes. This is the perfect time to do this...' I thought.

And I knelt.

"You know, when I first talked to you at Kajuru" I let out a small laugh," I didn't think you were going to answer me to be honest. I didn't even think you would even look at my side but here we are now, look at us Khadija. "

She was silent, cupping my cheeks with her hands as she encouraged me to go on.

"I knew we were meant to be when we went on our first date because...God! You don't judge me, you're so real" I turned to face her fully now, holding her soft hands. "Khadijah you're everything I could ever ask for. You're everything I have always wanted."

Deep breaths Ahmad, deep breaths.

"I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you since from the beginning. Remember when we didn't talk for more than two weeks? Khady I went crazy!! I never want to loose you and... That's why I want you to be my wife, my better half, the face I wake up to every morning, I want you because I love you."

Here it goes...

"Do you want us to spend the rest of our lives together? Because I'm ready to take the next step," I finally breathed out.

There was a long pause, and for a moment my whole heart was full concern.

Was it too soon? Was it t–

"Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with you Ahmad," Khadija cried, her tears rolled down her cheeks and onto my hands. Her enthusiasm brought me back to life. I couldn't believe my ears.

She said yes!

I couldn't wait to get home and tell Mama; it was all her idea. She'd be proud. I truly was the happiest man in the world that day.

***********
Hey i hope you guys like this
This is actually my first time writing on wattpad
Sorry 😐 for the errors

Please don't forget to
Vote 🇻🇳 and comment
Thank you 😊 💛💚💙💜

🎵whatcha say 🎶

                          Fifi🍁