Chapter 21: The Glowing Crystal Room

A.N: Things are getting really spoopy now!!!! Get ready for a roller coaster of emotions to hit you all at once, and have fun!!!

-

I scramble up and start running towards the tunnel, having a sure feeling that Jake had gone down there for some odd reason. I stick my hands out in front of me, making sure I wouldn't bump into any walls. From one of the tunnels, I see a glowing pink and green colored light, and I head towards it, hoping that it would lead me to the right person. And sure enough, it did.

Jake's standing in the middle of the room, looking puzzled about something. I come up behind him and try to scare him out of his wits, but to no avail, because he moved right before I could. He started looking at one of the pink crystals, and comparing it to one of the green crystals. Obviously, he's trying to figure out what this room is and what the crystals are for. I walked up to him again and tap him on the shoulder.

Once he turns around, from what I can see, his eyes are glowing a pink and green color. Why, I have no idea. From what I can speculate, it's because of the crystals lining the walls. I start to speak, but that's when Jake grabs me by the neck and starts trying to strangle me. I'm trying to get him off of me, but to no avail. I start seeing my life flashing before my eyes; high school, all of my friends, the classes I have that I look like I'm having fun in, and one person appearing, whom I have no idea who they are.

My power kicks in. Jake is knocked off of me, his grip released from my neck. I realize now is my chance. I grab his arm and drag him out of that room of glowing crystals, sure that those were the cause of Jake's recent frightening turn on me. He was still conscious, seeing as his feet were moving while he was moving. Pulling on his arm, trying as hard as I can to get him out of that room, I break into a sprint.

As I finally get Jake out of that room, he fully regains his conscious abilities. He looks back at that room, then starts sprinting with me. I stop about halfway down the tunnel leading to that room. As I turn around to look and see if Jake was alright, I notice him looking at his hands, almost as if he didn't recognize them.

"Jake, are you OK?"

That simple question raises his head to stare back at me. He lets out a breath of relief as he realizes I'm OK. I unconsciously feel my neck, remembering the strength of his hands on it, the crushing impulse in them. He notices the movement and sees something on my neck.

"What's that? Why is your neck so red?"

I look up, startled at the question Jake posed. That's when I realize my hand was rubbing my neck. I move it down quickly.

"Oh, it's nothing."

I give him a reassuring smile, hoping it would convince him that nothing happened, hoping that he wouldn't remember what just occurred.

He doesn't drop the matter. I can tell in his eyes that he's determined to find out what happened.

"No, it's not just nothing. Something is wrong, and I can tell. What on Earth happened?"

I lower my eyes to the ground, not wanting to tell him what he did, or what he tried to do. But I had no choice. If I wanted him to trust me, then I'd have to tell him things that normally I'd never tell. So I take a deep breath and begin the experience that still haunts me.