Prologue

2001

"Pack your things, we're leaving right now," Leon said with urgency as he threw two duffle bags at his wife Fiona. He couldn't believe what he'd seen...the things those people were doing to his son. No. The things his son was doing on his OWN. Shoving things in his bag, he looked over his shoulder only to see Fiona standing clueless. "I said NOW!"

Fiona complied to her husbands request and started to her things along with their son's stuff. "W-What happened? What did you do!?!?" She exclaimed. Leon looked back at her with daring eyes. Eyes that concealed an obscure secret that not even she would want to know. The pain in his eyes reflected the damage it would do if shared to the wrong people. Shaking her head she continued to fill up the duffel bags and start to load up the family SUV.

Leon grabbed their four-year-old son Kei and strapped him down in the seat. "Daddy, what's wrong?" The young brown-eyed boy asked.

"We are just-..going for a trip!" He said as he reassured the boy. It wasn't like he was lying; its just that they weren't coming back.

Fiona hustled to the car with the rest of their things. Whatever was going on she knew it had to do with that man. Since the first time they met she knew something was off with him, but Leon being the man he was they still developed a friendship with Jacob.

Jacob. She wished to never hear such a name again. The man who couldn't leave well enough alone and started this all. 

Before she could even check if her seat belt was secure all she could see was Leon with a gas can through the window, and pouring it on their stuff.

Without hesitation she jumped out the car to rush to her husband's aid. "What the fuck are you doing!? Have you lost your mind? You can't just burn the house down; tell me what's going on!"

"Don't question me about this because as you can see my mind has already been made up. So get back in the car and get ready to drive. " Time was running out and Leon knew that Jacob was on his way.

Before long Fiona looked back from driver's seat only to see flames starting to rise and smoke fill air with Leon no where in sight. Running away and leaving the house was one thing. But burning down the house?? They would be prime suspects in arson. What in HELL was this man thinking?? She rolled her eyes as she turned her head back. Squinting her eyes to figure out what the shadowy figure was as it got closer. It became quite clear who was walking towards her in a slow confident manner. Hesitantly she started up the car while pressing the brake. Her heart thumped louder each second as the person kept walking.

The passenger door swung up open with Leon hurrying to properly sit in the seat. "Go, go, go, go!!! Drive!!!" He looked at his wife confused as to why she wasn't moving. It wasn't until he looked out the front window as well that he saw the shadow figure become closer and clearer.

Fiona could hear her husbands request but his words were falling deaf ears. Her hands only gripped tighter on the leather steering wheel with her eyes set on the figure. Everything that she had denied throughout her life was smacking her hard in the face with it being truth. Yet no matter who her son was she wasn't handing him over to anyone. Almost as if a switch had gone off in her head, she quickly switched the gear into driving and jammed her foot on the gas pedal. The car turned in the nick of time to not hit the person in the street and sped off to the highway.

Leon just looked at his wife wondering what just happened in the driveway. Like a switch of new light brighted in her eyes as she drove the car. Although he was happy with seeing this new demeanour he wasn't familiar with it. Something was going on and he was beginning to realize that he was the last one to barely see what had really been going on. But did he really want to know anymore? He felt as if he knew too much already from the events that happened today. No, it would be best if he didnt know nothing more and nothing less. As far he was concerned they were goimg to continue to live their lives like a normal family no matter what it took..