Post-Stiles Date

Malia's eyes shined and her smile lit up the room as she had a lunch date with Scott.
Well the whole pack but Scott was the only one she saw.
The others noticed it too.
Making things a tad awkward.
It was even more awkward when Malia started talking about the date she had that night.
"I was minding my own business at the grocery store and the Cashier kept hitting on me so I asked him out."
Malia said casually.
"To...stop him?" Lydia asked.
"Because I felt like it. Thanks to you and Stiles, I'm a single woman with an itch to scratch." Malia said bluntly. Making everyone uncomfortable. "What?"
"Okay..." Lydia said.
"So where are you going? What time? Is he coming to pick you up?" Scott asked.
"Geez, mom. Thanks for the 21 questions but it's just bowling and dinner."
Malia said.
"Do you need my help getting ready? Just because it's bowling, doesn't mean you can't look cute." Lydia said.
"I'm good. You know me. I don't like being all girly." Malia laughed. Scott smiled.
"Can we talk about anything else? Please?" Liam plead.
"Don't be such a girl, Liam." Malia said. Scott gave Malia this awestruck stare "What?"
"Nothing. You just look pretty when you smile." Scott said.
"Oh...Thanks." Malia said shyly. Desperate to shake the awkwardness, Liam started talking about Lacrosse.

Later That Night

Malia wore a jacket over her cleavage baring spaghetti strap top. Shorts. Boots and her hair in a ponytail.
Scott walked in and had no words.
"Do I look okay?" Malia asked.
"Yeah...Totally. You look...Really nice." Scott said.
"Thanks. I'm going downstairs to wait for this guy. You coming?"
Malia asked.
"May as well." Malia rolled her eyes and lead the way.
The wait wasn't long.
The man, Rod, showed up on time. Only to be bombarded with questions, threats and general disdain.
"Quick. Move before they break out the pitchforks." Malia half joked as she rushed him out the door.

Malia came home after her date, to find Scott sitting in the dark.
"How did it go?" Scott asked.
"It was okay. He was really shy. Nice but shy. He said he liked me but he's too afraid of my family." Malia laughed.
"That's too bad." Scott said.
"I'm sure you're broken up about it. I get my dad but what was with you tonight? You were acting all territorial." Malia said sitting on the chair arm.
"Well it's your first date since Stiles so I wanted to make sure that he was the guy." Scott said.
"Scott. It's a date. Not marriage. I get that you were worried but it seemed...different."
Malia said.
"What? Like I was jealous?" Scott asked answers.
Malia just smiled.
"Good night, Scott. Let yourself out." Malia said and walked upstairs.
Leaving Scott to consider his actions.