19

Ty left the classroom as soon as the bell rang. It was the end of the day and he was eager to get back to see Lucas. As he went down the hall he started to hear faint sounds of a woman crying. Wondering what it was, he turned down the hall that he heard them coming from. To his surprise he saw Dimiyen down on her knees in the middle of the hall. Her head was in her hands and she was the one making the sounds of distress.

Walking to her with enough noise to make his presence known, he knelt down next to her as he released the bag he was holding. Leaning forward, he put his fingers under her chin and tilted her head upwards so she was looking at him. Her reddish-brown eyes were glistening with tears, red and puffy.

"What's wrong?" he asked with a smile.

"I'm-so-sorry," she hiccupped.

Confused, he frowned slightly at her, "About what? I really don't think there's anything you need to apolo-"

"No! It's my fault," she sobbed at him. Her hands stretched out and gripped his shirt tightly, "Please! Forgive me, but I didn't have a choice! I couldn't... couldn't do anything... I couldn't help it. As much as I wanted to, I just couldn't stop myself!"

This time, Ty's throat clenched tightly. He had a terrible feeling. Something was wrong and he didn't like where it was going. He narrowed his eyes at her, "What happened?" "Lucas," she hiccupped again, "I...I slipped him a drug. Then she took him."

He gave a soft, menacing growl, teeth bared as his brows knit together in anger, "Who took him?"

"L'liya."

"What?!"

"I'm sorry! I couldn't...Vahn's power is too strong for me."

"What the hell are you talking about! Spit it out properly girl!" He shouted at her, enraged at what was going on and more than just a little confused.

"Those years I was imprisoned... he tormented me. His magic sunk into me and... when the time came he let me go with instructions to bring him Lucas," she answered, her voice just above a whisper as her head hung down, "I'm so, so sorry. I would rather die than do what I just did!"

"I might grant that for you," Ty growled in response, enraged beyond belief. To think that he'd just gotten Lucas away from that dangerous man only to lose him almost immediately again. He just couldn't leave that vampire alone for a second could he?!

"That's not going to happen, Ty."

Turning around, he looked up to see Nameia standing behind him, her hands on her hips. Even as she said that, her eyes narrowed in on Dimiyen. Getting up, he confronted the demi-God.

"I don't want to hear that, Nameia. She just handed Lucas to Vahn on a silver platter!" he spat out, shaking from rage.

"I didn't say I agreed with it," she returned with equal menace, "But you're not killing this woman! You think Lucas would like that?"

"She betrayed him!"

Nameia reached up and dealt Ty a harsh slap across his face, knocking his head to the side and making him stumble just a bit. She glowered at him as he recovered and turned to face her.

"Enough. You heard her. She didn't have control over her own actions. Now get it together. Your anger is controlling your thoughts, you fool."

Ty didn't answer her. Instead he looked away and took a moment to cool himself. He stepped aside as the demi-God brushed past him and knelt down next to Dimiyen. She reached out and pulled the Fae into a hug, to which he ground his teeth.

"Where did they take him, do you know?"

"No," she sobbed.

"Why L'liya?"

"I don't know. She just came for me last night and helped me out of the catacombs. I thought that she was there to save me."

"Apparently not. Damnit all to hell," Ty cursed.

"We need to find him and quickly. Vahn didn't look like he was done with Lucas last night."

"Leave that to me," he growled and invoked his grimoire. The ring in his tongue burned a bit more this time as he was angry and had turned on the power a bit too roughly. He envisioned Lucas and L'liya this time and got both of them in the hallway with L'liya moving swiftly towards the far wall.