|Chapter Nine|

Jonathan smiled to himself as he slid into a little nook under the stairs. Sherwin would probably find him, as he knew the house better than Jonathan did, but he didn't mind. He was just glad Sherwin didn't object.

Sherwin opened his eyes, done counting. He looked around him for Jonathan, then, not seeing him, walked out of the room. He searched high and low, in every room, under every bed, and in every closet, but still couldn't find Jonathan. Deciding to check his room again, he headed towards the stairs..but there was one place he noticed, somewhere he'd never checked. He quietly stopped just in front of it, then smiled to himself. He heard Jonathan's breath, slow and steady. Carefully and slowly, he knelt down next to the opening, then leaned in...,"BOO!" Sherwin yelled at the top of his lungs. Jonathan screamed, and cowered against the wall. Sherwin crawled into the little nook, and sat next to Jonathan against the wall. Jonathan turned and looked at him, his eyes still wide. "..Sherwin..?" He said, breathing heavily. Sherwin looked at him, and blushed. Was Jonathan mad at him for scaring him? Then Jonathan surprised Sherwin. He burst out in laughter, grabbing his side at how hard he was laughing. Sherwin smiled at him, and laughed a little, too. "Boo..!" He said again. "That was great, you totally got me!" Jonathan said, grinning. Sherwin blushed. "I..I thought you'd be mad at me..." He said. Jonathan gave him a gentle smile. "I could never be mad at you.."

Sherwin looked into his ocean blue eyes, lost for words. 

Suddenly, the oven timer beeped, signifying the cookies were ready. Sherwin quickly looked away, shifting his weight. Jonathan stood up, and extended his arm to help Sherwin up. "Now, let's see if your cooking skills are as good as they seem.." Jonathan teased. They walked into the kitchen, smelling the delicious scent of freshly baked cookies. Sherwin bent over, and reached into the oven, taking out the cookies. "They look...so good." Jonathan said, reaching for one. "Careful, they're hot.." Sherwin said, curious of what Jonathan thought of them. Jonathan bit into one. "They're delici-" He quickly spit out the cookie. "MY MOUTH IS ON FIRE!!" He yelled.

But Sherwin was already on the floor, laughing his heart out.

||Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Night my loves!||