Bittersweet treat (Eyeless Jack)

It's been slow. After what happened.

He seems happier now. It makes me sick to my stomach.

knowing I was the halt on his joy.

"Dinner!"

Slender pulled me out of my thoughts. I wasn't super hungry, but I'd like to socialize.

I travel down the stairs counting as always, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. . .

Voices leaked from the corner of the hall, my ears begged to listen feeling the burn of being talked about.

I lean my back against the wall, holding my breath listening...it's quiet. Maybe they heard my footste-

"I have a feeling you still like her."It was the sneering voice of nurse Anne of course, she only talked in such a way when agitated.

"Who (Y/N)? I feel like you have doubts about me."His voice, calm and soothing. Pouring down my throat like hot liquid wanting to quench my thirst for him.

"N-No.. It's.. I heard you when we were.."She stopped my face got heated as she resumed. "You moaned her name.. I heard you."She sounds as if she's ready to burst into a fit of hysteria.

I peek a little, unable to believe that's true.

"She harassed me; came onto me. . she was on my mind. I wanted you to make me forget."The lie was quick.

Tears pricked and burned the rim of my eyes. MY throat got tight, and I wanted to scream but it was always silent.

I watched as he pulled her close, hands grasping her perfect curves, pulling her body protectively against his. He kissed her, passionate, never the way he was with me.

I could tell he meant his love.

He must have caught sight of me, cause he said "(Y/N)"Making Anne upset.

My smirk was there, as I kept my head down going to the kitchen. "Be mad.."

------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------

After sitting on the couch talking with Toby for a while, he offered to go to my room with me to watch some movies.

To my surprise he stopped me in the hall way, pulled me close the way Ej had done with Anne. I wanted this.

No, you don't liar

His lips met mine and I could tell he liked...loved me, so I kissed back.

Your likeness for him is fake!

"I-I'm sorry" I whisper as tears slide down my cheeks, I push on his chest stepping back.

"W-w-what's wr-rong?" He was upset and worried, his concern was real.

"I-I love someone else . . ." I whimper. Throwing away a good chance to forget I did.

That's more like it, hurt him! You're good at that. Push him away like the other. Smo-

"STOP!"I cry, the voices pushing, becoming louder. I vanish from his sight, and reappearing outside.

My body, face, and mind was heated. Confused with emotions and thought but at the same time, they were all organized.

I pop the Smarties into my mouth chewing, grinding, savoring the flavor. I quit smoking when we broke up. Ate candy to break the habit, Ej tried to buy me more wanting to help even after we separated.