Chapter 9

POV: Caenum

ROOOOOAAAAR!!! The dragon opened his huge, deep purple jaws and shot a bright red flame straight at me.

"No! Alcragon, what are you doing? Why are you doing this?" I pleaded with my best friend, frightened.

He closed his jaws, cutting off the brightly burning flame that came from them. I heard his deep, rough voice in my mind, just like I always did, "Caenum, I need you to listen to me."

"Alcragon! Where are you? Why can't I hear you when I try to find you? I'm starting to get worried!"

"Caenum," came his voice in my mind again. "I need you to remember what I am about to tell you. It is very important that you do. If you do not, then the princess's life could be in trouble."

I looked at him, the seriousness in his eyes making me feel as if he was drilling a hole through me. Understanding the urgency of what he was saying, I nodded solemnly.

"You need to keep Princess Bliss away from the castle--"

"But she wants to go home!" I said, interrupting him.

"LISTEN!" he roared. "Do not go to the castle! No matter what you do, stay away from it! Keep her in the forest if you have too... Actually, don't. Get her out of the forest, but keep her away from the castle! These woods are a dangerous place, they will confuse you, turning you around and around in circles. You could be in those woods forever," I looked at him in shock, and I was about to say something when he continued, "which is why I'm going to give you instructions to get out."

So he instructed me on how to get out, and he looked like he was about to say something more when he turned around and stared into the looming forest behind him. His eyes widened and his head snapped back to face me. "Caenum, I need to go," he said, his booming mind-voice filled with fear, matching the frightened expression on his draconic face. I had never seen him this scared before, not even when he was just a dragonet.  "I promise you, I will contact you as soon as I can, but for now you need to think about the princess and the princess only. Do not try to contact me yourself, for I am safe for now." He looked over his large shoulders again before he told me goodbye, and to stay safe. And flew off.

***

Then I woke up.

No... No no no no no! I thought. It couldn't have been just a dream! It-- it-- it... wasn't... a dream... I quickly realized. Except that it was. Alcragon spoke to me in a dream! But I have to get Princess Bliss out of here. She has to wake up soon, it's almost light outside, I noticed after looking under the door.

I moved to wake her up, and I was just about to shake her awake... when I heard the howling of wolves...

A/N* Wow... it has been a looooooooong time since I last updated! I'm super sorry about that, but my life has been filled with college classes and my job. You guys understand that right?

Anyway, enough about me. What's the deal with Alcragon's warning? What is going on here? And Caenum, what do you think about him this chapter? What do you think of Alcragon this chapter? Mysterious, right?

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! It's much appreciated! See you next time!