There's a cat!

'Ding ding,' the bell rang and it was time to go home. Jossy grabbed her books, shoved it in her bag and walked out of the school building.

"Wait for us!" cried Stella and Pipa, panting as they caught up to Jossy.

"Oh, hi. Sorry, I forget we were walking home together." Jossy apologised.

"It's fine." Jossy was always very forgetful so Stella and Pipa are already used to it.

The three girls trotted out of school and onto the streets. It was such luck that they just happen to be neighbours. They would always go to each others house and do homework together. They would always have heaps of fun! There is also a secret about Jossy that she hasn't yet told anyone except for her mother, Stella and Pipa. That is: She can see animal ghosts.

Ever since Jossy found out she could see invisible creatures that others couldn't see, her life had changed. This all started when she saw a tiny kitten roaming around the back of the school looking for food. She had always been a huge fan of animals, especially cats, and when Jossy tried to pat the kitten, her hand just went through its body. Jossy was terrified! She shuffled back a few steps and started shouting.

"HELP, HELP!" she cried with fear. "THERE'S A WEIRD KITTEN OVER THERE!" Jossy attracted many people. She pointed at the ignorant creature. Others we're whispering,

"What is she talking about?" "Is she okay?" "Someone go fetch the school nurse." Jossy was confused. There was a clear, lively kitten over there and yet no one can see it. Sooner or later, the school nurse rushed over. First, she checked if Jossy was conscious or not. Then she asked where the strange beast was. Jossy pointed where she pointed at the start. The school nursed peaked over but didn't see anything.

"I think she might need to go to the doctors." the school nurse whispered to Jossy's teacher. She overheard and insisted that she was perfectly fine and that there was really a grey kitten over there, but when she looked back, it was gone. Jossy was very bewildered. 'There was definitely a kitten there.' she wondered as she turned away and stumbled to class. The bell rang just as Jossy staggered into class.

Later that day after school, she was walking home when she got caught up by Stella and Pipa again.

"We heard what happened to you in school today." Stella told Jossy.

"Are you okay?" Pipa asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just feel a bit puzzled. I'm telling you guys, there was actually a mysterious kitten there." Jossy protested.

"We definitely believe you, Jos. The other students must be blind." Stella replied.

"Yeah, they must be bizarre." Pipa agreed. This made Jossy feel much, much better.

"Thanks Stel, thanks Pip. You guys are the best friend I've ever had!" Jossy hugged them tightly.

"Of course!" The two girls exclaimed simultaneously.