Chapter 1

Here we are again, welcome back folks! This is the new and improved version of "Stay Determined" back when I was a first year in middle school. So, I'm not gonna waste anymore time. Without further ado.. It's showtime!

~~~~~

Y/N L/N was just an ordinary kid residing in Ebott Village, with only his father and him in this household, he was quite lonely but he is content with his life.. if not for his 'curse'.

He dreams of very disturbing things every night. It isn't really a curse if you haven't seen what these disturbing things are. It isn't a nightmare because it's not related to anything that has the word "horrifying" attached to it, but it is pretty horrifying if used with a different context. You now might be wondering what it is, and it's simple really.

Y/N L/N can dream of the future.

However, the future he dreams in his sleep is nowhere near the dream that is his ideal. The future he sees in his dream... are ones that result in tragedy. He dreams of real nightmares. For example, the event that took just last week prior to the present.

That night was like every other night, a nightmare for him. This time, he saw a friend of his inside a car an older man was driving. Suddenly, the car combusted in flames and exploded, killing his friend and the older man driving the vehicle. After that, he jolted up from his dream. He was scared, of course, since he just saw one of his friends die in his dreams.

But he didn't think much about it, after all, all of his dreams seemed to be too.. fictional. They didn't seem to be real.

Or as he thought it was, because earlier that evening, he went and watched the news and was horrified at what he saw. He saw his friend, the very same one on his dream, had been caught in an accident involving the car he and his father was driving catching on fire. The passengers of the car hadn't been able to escape as the vehicle exploded on the street.

After that day, he was traumatized and afraid of his own dreams, causing him to try and avoid sleeping if he can.

But all of that didn't matter to him anymore, not for what he planned to do in the present.

~~~
Prologue: Stay Naïve
~~~

It was peaceful.

The village stood in silence, the sky was already colored in black and several streetlights and houselights remained, giving off a luminescant glow, much to te appeal of the small village.

You let out a worn-out sigh, it was peaceful tonight. You were most likely the only one awake at this hour. You bit your lip in worry and anticipation when you caught a glimpse of the infamous Mt. Ebott, the mountain that gave the village its name and history. Many legends are tied to the mountain and most of them are ridiculously fake.

Yet, there are some rumours that seem ridiculous but maybe indeed be true. It was rumoured that many travellers, hikers, tourists, villagers, and children got lost on the mountain and never returned: there were currently seven or so cases of missing children and villagers that was tied to Mt. Ebott.

It scared you, the fact that seven children never returned from the acursed landmark. It frightened you more because of the latest dream you had the other night.

A girl, physically a year or two younger than you, trekked the path towards the peak of the mountain. The height that the girl traveled so far was unnerving, you could even outlook the entire village from the point in the mountain she's in.

The girl didn't stop, however, as she continued to brave the path forward, the road ahead of her soon turned thinner and she had to be wary of her steps, or else she falls.