#2: Drunken Love

“Röbby, I really think you should maybe lay off on the alcohol for tonight… you’ve had a bit much.”

“Well Ch-Chhhad… I think youshd have some an then eh won ssseem so bad.”

I mentally face-palmed at Röbby’s slurring idiocy; I wasn’t used to seeing him so damn drunk.

“You know I don’t drink, Röbby. Now come on, let’s go; we need to get you home before you do something stupid.”

“You’re ssstupid.” He said childishly, as if I had called him stupid.

I tried tugging at his shirt for him to get off of the stool that he was sitting on and to follow me, but it backfired as he stood up and sort of stumbled, bumping into me and making me fall over and hit the floor.

“Oh no!” Röbby exclaimed, kneeling down beside me and almost falling down himself in the process. “Are you… are yyou you ok?”

I glanced up at him, irritated. “Yes, I’m fine.”

I stood up, then helped Röbby back up to his feet since I knew he would have a problem doing that on his own. I led him out of the bar as he leaned against me slightly, and we made our way down the street. I glanced up at Röbby, who had been looking at me the whole time.

“Yyyou’re really pretty!” he whispered loudly, as if it was some amazing discovery. I blushed and rolled my eyes.

“Oh that’s nice, you have to be drunk to think that.” I said sarcastically.

“Noooo!” He said a bit louder than before, but still in a similar tone. “I alllways think you’re pretty! It must… it must be the lighting…”

“That doesn’t make any sense.”

“It doesn’t neeed to, baby. It doesn’t neeeed to.”

“Oh god,” I laughed. “We need to get you home now.”

He smirked lazily. “Ooh yeahhhh, nowww, right now. Gonna get downnn.”

“Röbby, no. We’re getting you home so you can sleep, alone.”

He pouted. “B-But I wanna cuddle.”

“No. if you were sober, you would never be saying this.”

“Thas not trueeee!” He whined, “I looove you so much Chad.”

I sighed. “I love you too, Röbby. But we just need to get you home right now, ok?”

He then let go of me and walked over to the building beside us, and he sat down on the sidewalk, against the building. He crossed his arms and looked at me with a frown.

“Not… not unless cuddles.”

I ran my hands through my hair in frustration as I walked over to him and then tried to get him to stand up.

“Come on, Röbby! I’m really tired and I just want this to be over with so I can go home and go to bed!”

He gave me a hurt look. “You don-don’t wanna… be around me?”

I threw my head back in irritation and crouched beside him. I put a hand on his shoulder and looked at him, and I spoke in a softer tone. “I do, I really do. But it’s really important that we get you back home so you’re nice and safe… please?”

He stared at me with a sad face. “But… I wanna cuddle.”

I sighed heavily and looked around before looking back at Röbby for several moments. I then took a deep breath so this wouldn’t come out sounding angry.