Nature's Luck (Darling x Chase)

" I still don't understand why we're doing this." Chase commented as he held the heavy equipment.

   " Don't worry Chase, everything will be alright, trust me." Darling said as she took some equipment from Chase. " Imagine, a whole week to ourselves...in nature."

    " Oh yeah, that's great." Chase replied, being sarcastic. " Wild bears, poisonous berries—"

    " You're sounding like my brother." Darling placed her hands on her hips. "The ridiculous one."

    " And plus, you should stop worrying. We're here to relax babe." Darling said as she placed her equipment down. " This seems like a good spot."

    Chase placed his equipment down as well, and thought about Darling's piece of advice. We're here to relax. But every time he step foot onto the dirt ground of Ever After's nature, disaster seemed to come. He wondered how his Wonderland friends survived.

    He looked over to where Darling looked and saw the beautiful forest view. The sun was almost about to set. The sky was a bright red-orange color.

    " I think you're right Darling, what could ever go wrong?" Chase said as the two enjoyed the view.

     But Chase was going to find out, the next day. The two figured that they would go on an early hike. And they weren't the only ones.

     " Smell that Chase?" Darling breathed in the fresh air. Chase kept his positivity. " The fresh air."

     " Smells nice." Chase breathed. But soon, a stench-strong smell entered his nose. He widened his eyes as he stopped, with Darling stopping as well. The two looked down to see two skunks looking up at them.

    " Nice skunks..." Chase started to back away but Darling grabbed his wrist.

    " What are you doing?" Chase whisper-screamed. His eyes cornered at Darling who stood frozen still.

" If you don't move, they might not spray." Darling moved her mouth only. The skunks kept looking at them until a bug came along. It landed on Darling nose.

" Darling...don't do it." Chase whimpered. Darling looked at Chase, then looked back at he skunks. She looked at the bug on her nose, turned out it was a bee.

And there was only one thing in the world Darling feared the most: bees.

" B-B-B-Bee...." Darling shivered. "it's gonna sting me."

" Baby look at me...it'll go away." Chase assured. But Darling already swung her hand, scaring the bee away. She looked at Chase, who shot her a short angry look. But soon he slowly laughed, and she did as well. Not noticing the skunks turning.

" Aw shit." Darling swore as the skunks shot out their infamous smell.

" You're telling me." Chase replied as the two skunks ran quickly away and the two coughed. " Now we smell bad."

" I've been told there's a nearby lake, we can get shampoo and towels from our camp. Then head there."

     After changing into swimwear and getting their needs, the two hopped in the lake. They even enjoyed a nice swim.

     " Now this is the life." Chase breathed out as he leaned against a rock while in the water. " Who knew Ever After could be so...relaxing."

     " Sometimes Chase, even heroes like us need to relax." Darling joined him. They closed their eyes for a while.

    And since they were in swimwear, their clothes were placed along with their other belongs, which meant that there was another opportunity, for another creature. A small cub had escaped from it's parents and found itself near the lake, and found the articles of clothing. Let's just say he thought it was food. So with his mouth, he took the clothing with him back to his parents.

    Darling and Chase figured that it was time to go back to the camp for a nice breakfast, so they got out of the water. Only to have another surprise await them.

     " Chase, where are our clothes?" Darling asked as she wrapped a towel around her waist.

    " Why, I put it there." Chase pointed to the empty ground. No clothes were there. A dumbfounded look was seen across Darling's and Chase's faces.

    " That's weird." Chase added as he started to look. " What do we do?"

" Well, step one: we look for them, of course." Darling responded as she started to look for them as well. However, Chase already found them.

" Uh...Darling..." Chase called her over. Darling raced over to where he was, which was a nearby bush. She peered over and found a small cub with their clothes in their mouth, walking away.

She quietly stepped over the bush and started to follow the bear. Chase accompanied her as well. The two caught up to the baby bear as the small cub turned around.

" Awww." Darling squealed. " He's so cute. How do we tell that adorable thing to give us back our clothing?"

" So we won't?" Chase crossed his arms, turning to Darling. He turned back to the bear, who tried to make himself look cute enough in order to win over the "food". He turned around again just to surprise himself with Darling giving him puppy eyes.

    " Alright, I mean, there are extra clothing at the camp...right?" Chase answered, and the two left the bear with now, torn clothing. They headed to the camp and changed.

    While they were eating their breakfast, which was fruit mixed with trail mix, Chase looked over at Darling. Some weird things had happened today, but, there was something, or someone, that had made it less horrible than other times.

    And that's when he realized, there was no better person he would go on a trail then with Darling.

    After Darling finished her breakfast, she stood up and headed towards the cliff that showed the marvelous view. The trees blended perfectly with the skyline and the clouds way up above. It reminded her of today's early trail. Sure there were some wild rides, but it was quite fun.

    And she was glad that she could convince Chase that there were good things to look forward to.