Ch.1 ~ Beginnings

In the years following the war...

In the dense forests of Mirkwood, Legolas reflected on the years' events. In such a short amount of time, he had found himself engaged in massive battles, massive grief, triumph, realizations...and massive obsessions. Though he had hard tried to reach oblivion and forget his love for this man, he couldn't bring himself to do it. This man-

He was perfect in every aspect. He was smart, cunning, wise, kind and caring, agile and nimble, and undeniably, extremely, handsome. His tanned skin accentuating his mystical grey eyes that illuminated his face, his dark hair framing his profile in a dark, wavy frame. His strong figure, his lithe physique, the way his sheath and shield lay smoothly across his dark red cloak made Legolas want to flee his home and pursue his only dream- to end up with his love, his one and only, his Aragorn.

Aragorn. Meleth nin (my love), where are you? He was suddenly filled with regret. Regret, and lamentation for not confessing to Aragorn. If only he hadn't waited, not seen his fear as an obstacle for telling the ranger he loved him, maybe they would be together now. If only he had known he would lose Aragorn as quickly as he had met him.

Meanwhile...

Aragorn sat under a tree, completely immersed in thought. He led me to battle, led me to discovery, showed me true love. He was imagining the elven-prince who had claimed himself a permanent spot in Aragorn's heart. He had pale, shiny skin, pointed ears, and long platinum-blond hair that was always neatly braided in an intricate pattern. When he laughed, small wrinkles would appear on the edges of his bold, blue eyes.

When he fought, his hair would shimmer with the soft moonlight and flap in the wind, and his eyes would glisten with a determined cerulean pride. He was tireless, and incredibly powerful; his sharp hearing and above-perfect eyesight as well as his quickness with Elvish daggers made him a formidable foe to any who challenged him.

And Legolas was funny. His lighthearted, quirky jokes could brighten even the darkest situation, making even the sternest, most reclusive person smile. Aragorn remembered how Legolas used to mock his father while in a meeting, making the otherwise bleak hours bearable and fun. He only wished that was the only effect Legolas's childish, adorable banter had had on him.

Legolas, melamin, can you really be that far away? Seas (please), I just want to hear your voice.