Chapter 14

When we land in Italy, Alice stole a yellow Porsche 911 turbo. We got into the Porsche and Alice started driving.

"I'm guessing you didn't rent this car?" Bella asks while holding onto the dash as Alice turns.

"I figured you wouldn't be opposed to grand theft auto." Alice tells her.

"Not today." Alice has a vision about Edward. "What? What do you see?"

"They refused him." Alice tells us.

"So?" I ask.

"He's gonna make a scene. Show himself to the humans."

"No! When?"

"He's gonna wait until noon, when the Sun's at its highest." Alice tells us.

"God, Alice, you got to hurry up."

"There's Volterra."

We look and see a city that looks old. Alice is honking the car horn, so that people will move out of the way.

"Why are they all in red?" I ask looking at the people wearing red capes.

"San Marco's Day festival. They're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city. It's the perfect setting. The volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself." Alice explains.

Bella starts to panic, "we have five minutes."

"I know, Bella, just breathe." I say.

A police officer stops us and Bella gets out.

"Alice!"

"Bella, you're the only one he can't see coming. If I go, he'll read my thoughts. He'll think I'm lying. He'll rush into it."

"Where do I go?"

"He'll be under the clock tower. Go!"

Bella takes off and Alice talks to the police officer. After Alice sweet talks the officer, she parks and we walk to where we hear Edward and Bella talk. I broke the lock on the door and we walked inside.

"Come on, guys. It's a festival. You wouldn't want to make a scene." Alice says as she takes off her hood and sunglasses. We go and stand by Edward and Bella.

"We wouldn't." The big guy who is holding a cloak says.

" The big guy who is holding a cloak says

"Enough." A girl says walking up to us. She looks like she is a young teenager.

"Jane." Edward says.

"Aro sent me to see what was taking so long."

We followed Jane, "just do as she says." Alice says to us.

They big guy hands Edward a cloak and he puts it on as we turn a corner.

"Go ahead." Jane says as we go down some stairs.