C h a p t e r : 11

C h a n t e

Sunday cont'd

Things had finally settled down for the night and Chris and I were just sitting at the table with his mom and my parents chatting about different things.

"I know! When Charles and I were planning our wedding it was so hard to get him involved," Chris' mother replied to something my mother had said, "so count your blessing Tey, I know Chris stresses you out, "she giggled chucking his head, "but it's all love baby girl."

"Ugh! I know you're right," I agreed, "but if I knock him out y'all can't get mad." I said mushing his head.

"Oh trust me baby we won't." His mom said with a hearty laugh as she eyed him.

There was a sudden commotion at the entrance of the area that brought all our eyes to a distraught woman.

"Chris! Chris I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to crash your dinner like this but-." She dropped to her knees.

"Lani! What happened? Who did this to you?"

"My father!" She coughed as my father picked her up off the floor.

"Baby do you know her?" He nodded.

"Ok, ok calm down. Where is your father?" He asked her.

"At my house," she cried, "he's trying to kill me!" Oh my god! My father being the officer he was immediately stepped in. We all tried our best to help her, taking to her to the hospital to be treated.

At the end of all this drama, the woman whose name was Kehlani had to spend the night at the hospital. My dad arrested her father and Chris and I were now on our way home.

"This isn't the way I wanted her to be introduced. Now the board gon be skeptical bout letting her on tour and she's who I wanted to headline for me. She's got real talent and her style fits mine."

"Babe, don't worry. Everything would work out. The tour isn't until summer so she has time to sort herself out. I'm pretty sure she would make sure of that as well because performing with you is a big deal."

"I guess." He sighed as he pulled into my parents driveway. "Thank you for helping though. Some other woman would have had an attitude all night cause some woman came barging in like that."

"I've got my head on baby, don't worry." I smiled rubbing his back. He bit his lips and looked at me hungrily.

"I don't know why but...you turnin' me on right nah'. I think it's cause I know I got a real woman ridin' fa' me."

"The realest there is." I teased as he rubbed up and down my leg, putting me on his level.

Y a s m i n e