His SuperGirl

My alarm clock buzzed at 6:30 like it always did during school days. After turning it off I got up quickly, made my bad and headed to the bathroom.

Once I opened the door, I was surprised to see the girls running quickly through the hall, with makeups and just- ironed clothes. They were all hurrying to the bathroom and some at their rooms, screaming and running like I had never seen before. And that was odd, because usually in this hour I was one of the few girls being awake.

Then it strokes me. Today was the day when our school was going to join to the boys’ school. That’s why all the girls were behaving like this. So the rumours were true. We really did join with the boy school. Why wasn’t I looking forward to this kind of change? I didn’t want any of this to happen, because I knew that the school would change its policies a lot, mostly in a bad way.

The advantage of being only girls was that we didn’t make any noise in class, and we actually paid attention to what the teacher was saying, which I think it was going to be hard from now on. I wondered how it was going to be like now with boys around.

 ****

The bell rang, announcing everyone that the first period had just started. I saw the girls and boys entering the class. Girls looked attractive, with their hair all done and their makeup on, unlike me, with a simple ponytail and no makeup at all. While boys looked like they were ready to start this new adventure. I wandered what was in their minds when seeing so many girls? (That was a rhetorical question.)

They all took a place in the empty seats, and started laughing or talking out loud, while I tried my best to focus in notes I had taken the other day. They continued to talk even when the professor entered the class. No one seemed to care whether he was here or not. For their good luck, Mr. Smith was a very nice teacher, so he decided not to do class but gave us the opportunity to introduce ourselves. Great that’s what I needed, hearing all this boys and girls trying to impress each other, instead of reading a classic novel.

Yes I know I am a nerd, and I’m not a social person, but my only interest was taking straight A’s, so next year I could go to Harvard. (yes was Harvard my dream college). I could picture myself wearing the school sweater looking just fine on me and attending their lecture. So that’s the reason I didn’t many have friends. A lot of friends equal to distraction, and distraction equal to not going to Harvard. That was a risk I was not willing to take.

Anyway I had two best girl friends, Naomi and Ashley, who were very different from me. Naomi was tall, with green eyes and dark hair and Ashley was also tall with dark brown eyes and dark hair too. They looked liked models, but were very smart and willing to learn. Naomi’s dream was Yale and Ashley’s was Princeton. We met in our school library the first year of school and from day on we became best friends. But where were they?

I looked around to find them, when I saw both of them sitting at the end of the class flirting with a bunch of guys. I could see their eyes shining and looked like they were happy with this change, unlike me. Next to them was seated Brooke, the head of cheerleader squad, a tall beautiful girl, with brown curly hair and brown eyes. Every girl wanted to be like her, and every girl wanted to be her friend. She was one of the most popular girls in the school, together with Naomi and Ashley.

Its sound weird that I’m hanging with popular girl as I’m not popular, but the girls are really nice and easy to talk to, or at least to me. The three of them were surrounded by a bunch of guys. I have to admit they were really good looking.  Wow what was I thinking? “NO BOYS TILL COLLEGE”. That was my rule, the most important one.

One of the boys stood up to introduce himself. He had dirty blond hair and brown eyes. He was rather tall and had a well muscular body.

   “Hello ladies, I’m Alex, one of the school most good looking guys. And these two here are my friends, but not as good-looking as me.”- he said laughing

“Shut up man”,- said another guy, this one had short black hair and really dark eyes. He had a perfect body, just like the one before.- “Hey I’m Brad, the not-so much-good-looking guy as Alex said, but as you can all tell he was definitely wrong,”- said the other guy

“And you are?”- said Mr. Smith pointing at the other third guy, who was seating next to Brad and Alex.

“I don’t need to introduce myself. Everybody will soon know me, and never forget my name.”

I turned around to see this confident guy, with long dark hair, tanned skin and the most beautiful hazel eyes I had ever seem. Gosh he was hot. He looked like one of those Calvin Klein models.

 "Very modest,"- I was thinking to myself.

 I saw that everybody was staring at me. Gosh I must have said that out loud.  I could feel my cheeks slowly turning red. I couldn’t believe I had just said that out loud. Why couldn’t I keep my mouth shut?

 "Is that so?"- the boy said raising his eyebrow and I noticed a small smile in his lips, not a smirk but a real genuine smile.

 It felt like my world turned upside down. He had the most breathtaking smile I had ever seen. And once again I was thinking about boys. Gosh I should really stop doing this. Remember its Harvard we’re talking about.

I looked at the clock hopping that  this  class would be soon over, ironically there was still half an hour remaining. Lucky me.  I just had to sit there seeing the boys and girls flirting with each other, trying their best to show off. Once again I turned to see the guy who refused to introduce himself  and he was looking straight into my eyes. I quickly turned to the other side, with my cheeks burning red. Who was he? And that is none of my business.

I took a deep breath. This was going to be a long and boring hour. Now I officially  hated this class…