2- The Hoodie Girl

Rating: 8.3

Status: Completed

Tags/Genre: Teen Fiction HighSchool Romance Adventure

Author: yuenwrites

Description:  "We put on a fake smile to hide the pain, yet we wish someone would look closely enough and see how broken we really are inside."

Socially awkward is a phrase that she'd use to describe herself.

Meet Wren Martin. She blocks off herself to the world, hiding behind her favorite hoodie, believing that if she does this, her agonizing pain will never resurface - that tears and nightmares will be a thing of the past.

When she arrives at her over-the-top high school, however, certain circumstances lead to her meeting the school's most popular and notorious boy, Asher Reed, who has his mind set to change everything she stands for, and save her along the way.

Review: Okay, so basically, this novel is about a chapter of the life of a young girl Wren Martin. It starts from the beginning of senior year and ends with her graduating from Eastview High. This book is so relatable on so many levels. All the feelings we experience in highschool, the drama, the heartache all bundled up in one book for you to read. It also has elements of depression and PTSD. Hopefully anyone coping from anysuch issues will benefit as they see how Wren Martin, with the support of her loved ones and friends, breaks through. This book, at times, will make your heart flutter and at others, will make you really emotional. This book is so clichè but is really well written. If you liked books like "My Wattpad Love" and "The Bad Boy Stole my Bra", (these are like really hit wattpad books) you'll really like this one. Being in Wren's head, you'll fall for Asher Reed alongside with her. This book also includes the really cool/popular best friend of the main heroine (because any highschool book can't be complete without a girl bestie right? 😂), the evil bitch queen of the highschool who's kind of the antagonist and the heart throb of the school, Asher Reed. Along side Wren Martin's sad past, trust issues and secrets. (What's not to like?) I'd definately recommend reading this especially if you're graduating from highschool, like me. 😭You'll definitely get all the feels. Bye guys. I'll be back with a new book review soon.