New Neighbors?

Ashlyn

Waking up today felt like a reset. I quickly got ready, making sure my hair looked fine before putting it up into a pony tail. After that, I grabbed my backpack and my shoes and ran down the stairs. Mom left early this morning due to having a meeting with a client, as my mother is pretty important in the fashion world. She designed so many celebrities outfits for award shows such as the Oscars and more. Even though she was bigger in NYC, she still has a reputation here in River Valley.

With mom being gone this means that making breakfast was something I had to do. Instead of making pancakes, I just chose a bowl of cereal. I finished eating and put my bowl in the sink. I will do dishes after school, seeing as I will be late if I do them.

Paige texted that she's out front waiting for me and said that there is a moving truck right next door. Looks like someone bought the Hodges' old house. Thank god for that. Their son Mason Hodge was a douche. He is my ex boyfriend that was too controlling and psycho. I would talk to a guy about a project in class and he would go nuts on me. He also hit me a few times before I got him sent to jail... that story is for another time.

I come back to reality when Paige waves her hand in front of my face. "Are you okay, you zoned out again." She asked me with a look of concern. I nodded. "I'm okay, I just thought about who used to live there." I replied. That seemed to have made her upset because she dropped her hand from comforting me to making a fist. Her knuckles were turning white on the steering wheel. "I still want to punch him in the face." She states. She's just as angry as me, if not more. She always hated him. They didn't get along and it's because she could see right through his bullshit.

She hated him and he hated her. When we broke up she was happy to have me back since that asshole barely let me hang out with anyone. He was always with me, I couldn't go anywhere without him. Until that dark day, I didn't know escape was possible.

"Okay let's not talk about right now" I said. "You're right, we are going to be late." Paige said. She started to back out of my driveway when her car came to a sudden holt. She was staring at the moving truck again. Just as I was about to question what she was looking at, I see him standing there in all his glory. No, it's can't be....there's no way...  Shawn Mendes is my new neighbor?!