Chapter 4

It was safe to say that we had sent the whole day in the water. Even in the midday heat when the sun threatened to burn my skin, I found myself swimming under the dock so that I wouldn't have to retreat to the hot sand. I dove under the shaded water, raising the camera up to my face again. Niall was infront of me with his goggles on and smiling a toothy grin despite the salt water. I snapped the picture. 

It looked really nice, the sun gleaming in through the crackes in the wood giving a dappled sunlight affect on Niall's pale skin. Then the clear water behind him with the blue tinge just gave the image a crystalline feel. Not to mention that the boy was cute. I scolded myself for letting my thoughts get too far ahead. This guy, was an international popstar and a friend of my sister's which meant he was out of my league. 

But I had decided as I rose for a gasp of air, that I should try to be a little more social with the boys. I didn't have to be great friends with them because they wouldn't be here forever, but perhaps I could be . . . more friendly? 

As the sun was beginning to finish it's slow arch of the sky, I got out of the water with the rest of them. The skin on my fingers was wrinkled from spending so much time in the water. But Zayn and Camille came out of the house bearing gifts. A plate of sandwiches and a rugby football. I grabbed two sandwiches before they were gone and sat on the sand, cross legged with the others. 

"Water was great," Liam told Zayn as he took another bite of the sandwich. 

"Ready for a game?" Zayn asked in return, looking at all of us. Camille shook her head immediately, slowly getting up from her position and brushing the sand off herself. 

"We all remember last time I tried to play Rugby with you guys." Camille explained. They all laughed at her, I spoke to all of them for the first time. 

"What happened?" I asked. 

"Good question." Niall answered immediately, pointing at me. "Cam will you care to explain." He gave a knowing grin as he gazed up at my sister, trying to keep an innocent look on his face. She shook her head, her blonde hair shuffling under her large hat and covered her face with her hands. 

"Basically she had no clue what she was doing and kept scoring goals in the wrong posts. Nobody won that game." Louis laughed and Camille kicked him playfully in the back before taking the empty tray back to the house. 

"You playin' Quinn?" Niall asked me. Before I had a chance to answer Harry spoke up with a wide grin on his face. Even before I comprehended his words I knew they were going to be in a joking manner. He generally didn't seem like the type of person to be a sexist jerk. 

"You can leave the bikini on if you like, it is tackling so . . ." He let his voice trail off and the rest of the guys laughed, slapping him on the back. 

"I don't think that'll be happening," I answered as I scrambled towards my clothes before they got any ideas. I brushed the sand off my skin and pulled myself into them quickly, facing the sea so I didn't have to catch any of their awkward glances while getting dressed. The orange and pink spokes of light were beginning to turn the sky into a beautiful swirl of colour, just not quite yet. Once I finished tugged the shirt over my torso I cracked my knuckles as I rejoined the group.

Louis gave me a cheeky little smile as I lined up and let them sort themselves into a team. I folded my arms over my chest as they formed the two groups. I was picked last because . . . well I'm a girl and I suppose they just think that I'm playing to have fun and my skills are minimum. But I played tackle games out on the ice when I was bored. Although I wasn't the fastest, I knew how to play the game. 

But that aside, finally the two groups were made. I was on the team with Louis and Zayn who seemed to be positive and confident even with the girl on their team.