day fourteen.

"beach day!" luke screamed. ashton threw a beach ball at him and laughed. michael came out of his room, i glanced at him and smiled slightly at the pale belly he had. he pulled a tee shirt over his torso and i blushed, looking away so he wouldn't catch me staring. i fixed my cover up and sat on the couch.

all of a sudden calum ran out of lukes room,  "i can't find my shorts!" i looked over then covered my eyes with my hands and giggled. i felt someone sit by me and bring my face into their chest. i giggled again "you're going to scar carson!" michael wrapped his arms around my head and laughed loudly.

"here calum!" i'm guessing someone tossed shorts at him. michael released me from his grip and i stayed slightly leaning on him. michael threw his arm around the back of couch as an instinct and scrolled through is phone with his free hand.

calum came back out fully clothed. he apologized with a blushed face then hid behind ashton as he packed a bag. sav and linds came through the door laughing loudly, probably at one of linds' cheesy jokes. their laughter soon became quiet when they saw michaels arm around the couch and my body leaning on his. sav smirks and subtly winks at me. i blush and and sit up right, moving away from michael slightly.

"let's get going!" luke cheered. the 6 of us followed him out to their cars, ashton and calum went into their shared yellow hummer. sav and linds followed luke to his little blue honda that he had named michael and i followed michael to his car because he insisted on not wanting to sit in the back seat and that he missed driving.

michael hated driving.

i sat in the passenger side of his car and placed my chin on the palm of my hand, looking out the window and listening to the quiet music. on the way to the beach we passed under a long tunnel, making the radio go static and our phones lose signal "we get so disconnected" michael joked. i rolled my eyes and laughed quietly. michael cracked a smile and honked his horn. making the other two boys do the same, which ended up making most of the other cars honk along side us.

we finally got to the beach and parked, i being thankful for it not being too packed. we grabbed our things and found a spot big enough for us to fit. the 7 of us laid down our individual towels, luke, calum and sav got up to play soccer while ashton, linds and i sat on the ground, trying to make the sand more comfortable.

"i'm gonna go get us some waters. i'll be back" we answered michael with approving hums and looked back at the ocean.

"land whale!" someone yelled. the three of us looked around to see abigail and her friend chuckling and pointing at me. i rolled my eyes, surprised they haven't gotten stuck staring at the inside of my head.

i looked towards them "do you know any other insults? this ones old and used." abigail rolled her eyes and walked away with her friend trailing behind.

sav came running over to us "i swear to god, if she talks anymore shit i will hit her." i smiled thankfully at my cousin, they smiled back and went to give the ball to luke.

"if who talks anymore shit?" michael asks as he hands us the water. he sits next to me, his pinky touches mine purposely making me move my hand slightly.

i shook my head, dismissing his question "no one." he looked at me skeptically then shrugged. i silently thanked the lord for michael not trying to dig. we sat there for a while, watching the waves crash onto the shore and the little kids run away from the coming waves.

sand started to pile randomly on my hand. i looked at michael then looked down at our hands. he absentmindedly dug up the small grains of sand and covered my hand with them. i laughed quietly and looked back at the water, still letting abigail's words linger in the back of my mind. words hurt, but they piss me off more.