Chapter 10 Giving in

*ATHENA'S P.O.V*

Sitting in the room dwelling in self pity, wondering how I let myself get to this point in life. I just wanted to escape a stalker, now it feels like I've been thrown in a cliché movie with a hot guy and jealous girl. this is not the person I wanted to become, I had a plan, a future now I'm stuck.. with him. I hate that I cant hate him, its infuriating. I feel like if I don't hate him the only other possibility is to love him.

I felt him coming before I heard the knocks, that's new I can even feel him staring at me now. "Athena please" he says gently as he makes his way to the bed. "why" I demanded facing him as he sat on the bed. "why what Athena? why'd I kiss you?" he retorts "YES Kayne why did you KISS me, you know I don't want this mate bond and yet you continue to ignore my feelings" I shout "feelings, feelings you want to talk about feelings lets do it, because I'm sick of you dismissing our mate bond like it"s gum on the bottom of your shoe!" he shouts back standing up making me take a few steps back.

"I never asked for this, I never wanted a pack life" I say "I've waited five years for you, a mate. I thought for sure worst case scenario was not finding you at all because you were dead but now I realised, worst case scenario is finding you and finding out you don't want me." he said. grasping my hands in his. "a week." "what?" "give me a week to change your mind on us and the pack. what do you say?" he questioned well more like stated. do it Athena, I need mate. my wolf said "ok. one week and then I'm out of here" I replied "that's what you think baby" he cheekily said as he walked out the door to wherever he runs off too.

ugh this is why I am better off alone. hearing my stomach growl louder then most of the wolves here I make my way to the kitchen, hoping not to bump into bitch face I mean Persephone on the way. smelling a delicious aroma in the air had me quickening my steps. rounding the corner I almost bump into somebody making their way out of the delicious smelling kitchen, "oh sorry Luna" he mutters as he passes me in a hurry. "that's o-k" he disappears before I could even finish my sentence. "Luna" a shocked voice shakes me from my confused state. "uh Athena actually" I reply raising my hand just in case.

"sorry Lu- I mean Athena, I am Mary the chief" she says as she walks to me. "you must be hungry?" she insist pulling me to the stools. "uh yeah I am, thank you" I answer. wondering over to the benches where piles upon piles of food rest she starts dishing out a plate for me. hurrying back to me with just about everything on the plate I immediately dig in. to busy stuffing my face I didn't realise when Kayne walked in until the stool next to me was pulled back then sat in. I don't look up already knowing it's him from his scent.

"Don't watch me eat please, its distracting.' I somewhat say with a mouthful. "sorry i cant help but admire beauty when I see it." he says with a almost smirk. but again walking out leaving me looking at him in shock at his audacity.

***short but sweet, nothing to exciting ... yet. positive feedback is always welcomed. thank you to those who have stuck around to read my story.***