The audition

"Tae, have you heard it? It's almost time for the X Factor auditions. I hope a great person wins this year. It's going to be amazing to follow normal people and see how they develop them in to stars."

I knew it before she told me. I've planned to audition this year. To see I can fulfilled my dream and become a pop star. I've waited 4 years to try. I'm nervous but it's going to be okay. My best friend hasn't heard me sing yet. Only my parents have. I hope they are back from South Korea in time for the audition. I want them backstage so I don't get too nervous. They are in Korea because of some business things. They work as architects and engineering. Right now, while they are away, I'm staying with my older cousin.

Well back to X Factor. There are auditions around the country, but as I live in London, I am auditioning there. I haven't told my best friend Tiffany that I'm auditioning because I want it to be a surprise. I know she has bought a ticket to see the audition. She is going to be really surprised.

To surprised everyone I know and hopefully everyone in the UK. I'm going to sing in Korean. They are then probably asking me to sing in English as well and that's why I'm practicing a song in both languages. The Korean song is named "Forever" in English. It's an emotional song by Girls' Generation - my idols. I'm actually named like the leader of the group TaeYeon. I find it great. The English song is "Fairytale" by Alexander Rybak. I'm going to play violin too while I'm singing it. I hope that it will capture the judges' attention. But first I hope they will like my Korean.

...............

Today is the audition. God, I'm so nervous! My parents are back from Korea so I get droved to Wembley Arena where the audition takes place. As we are quite early, I soon get my number and we go in to the waiting room. I check if my violin is good for yeah like the 100th time and then drink some water.

About 50 auditions later, it's my turn. We follow a man to the stage. I leave my violin backstage so I can get it if I'm going to sing "Fairytale", as I probable will.

"1, 2, 3 you're on."

I walk on stage and stand on the marked X in front of the judges.

"Hi, what's your name?"

"I'm TaeYeon."

"That's a pretty name."

"Thank you."

"What song are you going to sing?"

"I'm going to sing a song by Girls' Generation who is a South Korean gilgroup, and the song is named "Forever". And I'm going to sing it in Korean."

"Wow! Okay, when you're ready."

The music begins and I start singing.

(The following text is the first part of the song in English translation)

"Following the happy breeze, beneath that bright sky that blinds me

Beautiful melodies and fresh air fills this road that I'm walking with you

Do you remember? Those awkward and unfamiliar times when we first met

I'm thankful to you for silently taking care of me when I was hesitant and young"

"My exhausted heart beats once again

My weak heart has found light again

I want to hold your hand and walk like this forever

Together with the person I love in a world just for the two of us"

...

When I'm finished I get a standing ovation by the crowd. The judges are still sitting down but I can see that they are amazed. I'm relieved.

"Wow! You are really good. I didn't know you speak Korean. How did you...?"

"I'm half Korean so I learned it when I was really young."

"But you may see that we want some more. It was a great audition, but we do also want to hear you sing in English. Do you have song?"

"Yes. It's called 'Fairytale'."

"By Alexander Rybak?"

"Yes."

"Of you go."

"One moment."

I go backstage to get my violin I know the judges are anxious 'bout what I'm doing so I quickly walk back on stage to a cheering sound. I begin playing. The sounds I hear in my ears are so full of surprise. When I'm finished I get another standing ovation by the crowd but also one from the judges. I can feel a big smile turn on my face. I'm so happy. My dream is living.

"Well, that was big surprise. How long have you been playing violin?"

"Since I was 5 years old."

"Wow! I have no words. Amazing!"

"Should we vote? It's a yes!"

"Thank you."

"A big yes!"

"Remember this day everyone. A star is born! Is a yes! Says Simon Cowell"

"Thank you."

"You've got 4 big yes'es."

"Wa! Thank you so much!"

I go down from the stage and backstage to my family smiling of overjoy. I can't believe what just happened. I feel like a 3-year-old kid again. I'm so happy. Words can't describe my feelings right now.