Live Shows

The live shows goes the same way every week - finding the perfect song, rehearse and memorise it, learn chorography, interviews, making VT's and then it all end with the big performance on Saturday.

Each and every week I am afraid and nervous of the results. I don't want to go home, but every week I feel I am. The competition this year is so tuff. Every contestant has the chance to win the show. But every week I am there and now it has all come down to the winner's single. I am going to sing my own song "If". This year the producers of the show wanted something completely new. They got the idea of having multiple songwriters to write a unique winner's single. The last two contestants will then not be singing the same song and the public will therefore not be able to compare it and we will get a new song out on the market.

In the beginning of the week I spoke to Simon about the winner's single and I told him I had written my own song during the competition and it was finished and I wanted the public to hear it now. He then spoke with the producers and they said that it was okay for me to sing my own song. When I sang it in front of Simon at the first rehearsal he really liked it and said it could be Christmas #1. I was really glad that day.

The time has come for me to sing my winner's single for the first time ever in front of the nation. I'm quite nervous but also extremely exited. This is a big moment. I could end up winning the show because of this song. That thourgh make me even more happy, as it is my dream to live by the music and be an idol, but most importantly to share my music with the world and make people happy.

I go out on the stage and wait until the VT has ended. Because this week is the final the VT is about my time here in the competition and like all the other years, where we go back to our hometown and perform some songs.

The music begins and I start singing:

If it was you and me
We could be up there
Where nobody can touch us
Where there isn't anybody but us

...

Up in the beautiful sky
Where we can smile every day
Where love is all we have
I will always love you
Forever and ever until the sky falls down
'til eternity

...

When the song ends, I get a standing ovation from the crowd and the judges. Now the little crappy song I wrote a few weeks ago that was going to be nothing, has now been shown to the nation and everybody else who is watching as a beautiful and great song, with depfs and meaning to it. I just love the song and I hope the nation does too. There is nothing more that I can do. It's up to the nation to decide who is going to win the show and get the contract with Simon Cowell's company.