Shot Four

Its about Khushi, Di.

Anjali slowly ran her fingers in Arnav's hair.

Say, Chotte. What about her?

Arnav was finding it hard to voice out his thoughts and feelings, after all he was THE MIGHTY ASR. He barely showed his feelings at all. And it was kind of more weird because he was going to tell his sister about his love of life.

Anyway, he gained courage and spoke in one go, in a voice which was barely audible to Anjali.

Imarriedherforsixmonths.

What? Anjali didn't get a single word. Chotte, speak loudly and clearly.

Arnav got up from her lap and sat in front of her. He looked at the bed, unable to meet her eyes.

Di, I - I married Khushi because I thought that she has an aff- affair with Shyam. I wanted to protect you amd baby, so I married her f- for six m- mo- months, until the baby is born. Bu -but before that, the whole truth came out. I am really ashamed of myself, Di. Only due to me, her own family abandoned her. Everyone thought that she made me fall in her charms, but in reality, it was me who forced her for marriage. I am sorry Di. I am really sor...

His voice broke due to tears. Composing himself, he told her all about their relation.

Him seeing Khushi in Shyam's arms. His confrontation, her feelings. His threat, her helplessness. His attitude, her sufferings. His accusations, her silence. His disclosing of truth, her suicide. His kidnapping, her losing her life almost. His regret, her expectations.

He told Anjali everything and then looked at her, who was silent throughout. But the problem was, she was still not saying anything.

Di. Please say something. Don't sit idol. Please Di. Slap me. Shout at me but please, don't stay silent. I am sorry, please, Di.

Despite all this, Anjali was still not responding. After a while, she wiped her tears and said in an emotionless voice,

It's late night. Go and sleep, Arnav.

Arnav looked at Anjali in disbelief. His mind was blank. Over and over thinking one thing.

Did Di just called me Arnav? How can I be so stupid? I claim to love Di and Khushi, and these are the ones I hurt the most. There Khushi is waiting for my answer and here Di is angry with me. Great Arnav Singh Raizada. You are a complete fool. Damn you, Raizada. Damn you.

He tried once again to melt Anjali but all in vain. Slowly, he got up from his place and went towards the door. He halt at the door, and looked behind.

I am sorry, Di.

Saying this he left the room and came to his room.

Khushi was still sleeping peacefully. Arnav sat beside her on the bed and gently tucked her hairs behind her ear. He leaned forward and planted a long loving kiss on her forehead.

I am sorry, Khushi. Please forgive me. I can't live without you. Please don't leave me ever. I will die, Khushi. Stay with me always.