I flicked my second cig away from my fingers, finishing them off by stepping on it.

I went inside the university. Am I late? shit. I looked at my watch. 7:25. Good. 5 minutes before my music class.

Music class was the only class I never skipped nor attend late to. The only reason why I still show up everyday in this university. I always aced it, and how our professor loved me for it.

Because music was the only thing that kept me breathing. My parents never supported me for it.

"Ah, Yoongi." Miss Athena greets me with her warm smile.

The only teacher I casually talked to.

"Sup, prof."

"Sit down, sit down," She motions the chair beside her, "Before the class starts, I want you to do me a favor."

I walked towards her, "Sure, what's up?" I sat at her desk.

"A girl transferred in my class because her past music teacher told me she'd fit in the first class," She tells me with her eyes gleaming. "And you know that we're the first class."

"Right," I yawned, "Get to the point already, prof."

"Uhuh, I want you to judge her, she'll be auditioning for us around 9:00 am." She gives me the paper that had questions & boxes to fill in with.

I smirked, "You trust me this much? hm."

She frowns, "Of course I trust you, You're the top one, silly."

"Fine, whatever." I snatched the paper away from her hand, "This better be worth my time." I stood, then walked back to the direction of my seat.

The class started.

This music class was the top and first class, where students have to audition for this class to get in. The people in here are usually trainees for big companies.

I didn't audition shit, what am I, a wimp?

But yeah, it's pretty unusual for Miss Athena to request such favor. I mean, i don't really care.

I was excused to get outta class, and go to music room 1-S. And so I started to walk towards the direction of it.

I opened the door, and saw a girl's back, talking to herself.

"Shhh, Ae, you can do this! i know you can!"

"Yah, who the fuck are you talkin' to?" Her shoulder jumps, then she suddenly turns around. "N-Nothing! Hehe."

oh look, it's that famous optimistic twat.

"Alright, let's get this over with." I went to the nearest vacant chair to sit on it.

"E-Eh?"

"What are you 'eh'ing about? Sing." I rolled my eyes.

"Are you the one going to judge me?" Her eyes seemed to have just brightened up.

I shrugged it off, biting my pen. "Are you gonna fucking sing or not?"

"Alright! Thanks, Yoongi!" She clears her throat.

i never told her my name.

She starts singing a song— closing her eyes to feel it.

"looking to the sky
i see the stars staring back at me
and if i ever see you again
will we go back the way we used to be?"

I silently cleared my throat.

"'cause i— miss the way you smile
the way your lips are curved because of me
and i— fall apart once more
knowing your cold hands aren't here anymore

please be here
i'm begging you to stay
i'm blinded by the lights i used to mask on everyday

please be here
tell me what i'd do
to cut this numbing pain
i got from you"

I was dumbfounded. I just kept my eyes on her.

She scratches her nape, before smiling sheepishly, "I'm sorry if it's bad, I just composed it last night—"

"You should've put some more work to it then. You know you're gonna audition and yet you weren't prepared." I inserted my hands in my pocket.

Her face saddens. "Does that mean..."

I went to her, giving the paper with my review. "Go to Miss Athena, she'll do whatever the fuck that's needed to do." I opened the door, leaving her.