Pirates of the Caribbean Lafayette's Gold

A cold and mysterious fog drifted over the waters of Tortuga Port. In the midst of the fog sailed a rickety old ship. Its tall mast was crooked and bent and its sails were blackened with cannon residue and they had large holes in them. The Dreamer was about done for. It had seen its last battle, for it put the great ship beyond repair.

The Captain a young woman in her mid twenties stood at the helm. She was dressed in a tattered gray men's uniform. She had to pretend she was a man to captain a ship. The young woman was a pirate. She was one of the few who had not been branded by the East India Trading Company. She had not been branded for two reasons. One she would never get caught and two because she and her crew would never harm anyone except in self defense.

She was known around the world as Captain Jon Doe but to her crew she was known as Captain "Swift" Sarah. Sarah could run her ship by herself if need be. She was quick and smart with a knack for finding new ways to improve her ship but the last battle it was in had wrecked it beyond repair.

As a pirate Sarah knew that there would be battles where death could not be avoided but the thrill of finding treasure and sailing her own ship would out rank that. She had always dreamed of being a pirate. Ever since she was little she had visions of sailing the high seas and searching for treasure as she ordered her crew around.

Sarah now stood at the helm of her ship downtrodden. She and The Dreamer had been together as long as she had been a pirate and that was going on ten years now.
At the age of fifteen Sarah's mother died and never having a father Sarah was left to fend for herself. She stowed away on a ship bound for Tortuga Port. If one was going to make it as a pirate Tortuga was the place to go. Once there she found a crew that would follow a young woman out to sea for simple treasure hunting quests then they commandeered a ship: The Dreamer.

Sarah sighed and patted the helm. She hated giving up her beloved ship. It could be a long time before she was able to get another ship.

"Cap'n." cried the pirate in the crows nest. "We are approaching port."

Sarah began shouting out orders to her crew then she watched with a slight smile as her crew scurried around her getting the ship ready for its last stop before ending up in a burn pile.

"Well ol' girl." Sarah sighed. "We've had some good times. I'm gonna miss ya."

Sarah patted the ship again but she did not cry pirates don't cry.

Soon they were docked and Sarah and a select number of her crew set out for the bar at the center of the island. They sat down at a table in a great hub of people so that they could listen in on their conversations. They wanted to hear if anyone was selling a ship or trading one.

As Sarah drank her drink she noticed a haggard looking man in the corner of the room. He was grimy and his clothes were torn. He wore a uniform like one that the captain of a royal navy ship would wear. He even had the wig and hat that went with it. Sarah being a pirate and a commoner all her life could never understand the importance of wearing an itchy old wig.

She stood up slowly and swaggered over to the gentleman.

"'Lo!" she said in a deep grunting voice.

The man looked up and gave a half hearted sneer. "Hello."

He spoke with a crisp English accent. One that just dripped with military training and years of experience in the upper class parts of England and Europe.

"You don' look like ye belong here matey." Sarah continued pulling a chair up across the table from the man.

"I don't." the man said stiffly. "I was abandoned here when my crew left me and my ship."