chapter four

i was getting ready when i received a text from kali. it was her address; she also asked me to come over earlier if i could. i texted back saying i would try to but i knew i would be late because i wasn't even dressed up yet, not knowing what to wear. i ended up wearing a striped top with a high waisted denim skirt that showed off my long legs.

my phone rang while i was doing my make up: it was marina.

"hello?
- hey liz, want me to pick you up in ten minutes?
- sure, i actually needed a ride.
- i'll see you then." she hung up.

she didn't talk about her break up with charlie at all.

i got out of my house after twenty minutes; marina was already there.

"god, will you ever stop being late?" she giggled.
"that's how i am, deal with it," i smiled.
"you look stunning, elizabeth," she suddenly said.

i wasn't expecting this. i gave her a quick hug, trying to hide my cheeks that just turned red.

"thanks, marina. i have to say, you don't look that bad either. you want to get a new guy already?"

she seemed surprised that i knew about her and charlie but she didn't say anything.

"who said i want a guy?" she said after a while.

*

when we arrived at kali's place, pretty much everyone was already there. and they were all drunk.

"i'll go get us drinks, i'll be back," marina shouted since the music and the people were so loud.

i said hi to a bunch of people from my school, they seemed pretty excited to see me. kali was already wasted.

"heeyy lizzy.. i- i'm glad you came.. so you can finally get drunk with the girl that likes y-" marina interrupted kali and grabbed my arm. she led me to a couch and gave me a drink.

"what was it about marina? do you think there's a girl here who likes me?" i asked her, finishing my drink in approximately three seconds. god, my throat was burning.
"i don't know liz. what do you think about girls liking girls?"
"i.." i could already feel the alcohol in my blood. "i like the idea. even though i've never.. had any relationships with them. but why would you break up with my brother, marina? do you like someone else?"
"trust me, elizabeth. if i liked anyone, you'd be the first one to know," she whispered, sliding her hand on my thigh, making me shiver.

she smiled. marina diamandis had the prettiest smile i've ever seen. it made me feel so weak. even weaker when her dimples appeared.

i stroked her cheek with my hand.

"i've never been so drunk," i said.
"me neither. should we go outside?"
"yeah, i need to smoke so bad."

we lay on the grass; i took a cigarette out of my bag and lit it up. it helped me relax a lot. i asked marina if she wanted to take a puff and she nodded. i brought the cig closer to her mouth as i got lost staring at her lips.

"marina," i couldn't take my eyes off her lips.
"perhaps you should look me the eye if you want to say something to me," she smiled. again.
"um, of course," i said. "it's hard for me to concentrate when i'm drunk."
"it's hard for me to concentrate when you're around, elizabeth," she replied.

i didn't even realize she was leaning closer to me.

i was wondering what she meant as i felt something soft on my lips. marina diamandis was kissing me, and the worst part was that i wasn't even backing off.

note: there it isssss ladies !! tell me what u think and leave a like if u liked it