five

He was in love again.

He hasn't doubted that thought since he told Eli it months ago.

Caleb decided there was a difference between being in love and telling someone you loved them. When you told someone you loved them, it seems to be a way of showing your affection. But telling someone you're in love with them, it means more, at least to him. It's telling a person you love them, but more than just an idea or just a sign of affection.

You're in love with them.

You're in love with the way they act, the way they speak, how they show themselves. Everything.

He couldn't even explain the difference of the sayings in one thought.

But, he decided he loved being in love.

It was such a nice idea, a nice reminder. A reminder that there's someone in your life you just can't get enough of, someone that means so much to you.

He loved being able to come home to someone everyday and being the person Eli came home to.

It took awhile, but he decided he couldn't keep thinking about his ex. He needed to start making smarter choices and do what's best for himself.

And he did.

Once he got back to school, he made sure to get his grades up. He still avoided the house that stood 11 blocks away sometimes, but his heart rate didn't pick up and he didn't grow worried anymore. He worked on getting rid of his smoking habit and even started doing things that benefited him.

He also knew that he'd never fully get over the dark featured boy.

But that's okay.

He was his first love. First loves are important, and being important makes them harder to forget.

So, as he opened the door to Eli's apartment and found him working on some project for a class, he felt happy.

Happier than he'd felt in awhile.