four

The pale boy laughed.

A smile came onto the Irish boy's face as he watched him. He reached forward and pushed some of the pale boy's dark hair out of his face, admiring his delicate features.

His laughter died down, a soft smile coming in place. He looked down at the Irish boy, doing the same as he was doing, admiring the other's features.

Summer had come to a close many months ago, but he made a quick decision to live back home and commute to college everyday. The pale boy decided it'd work better for him, it would ground him more and make him face things. It surely worked well in his favor for this.

The red-haired boy shifted against the wall behind his bed. His hands fell down to the pale boy's waist as he moved to be more comfortable as well. He was straddling the Irish boy, who was leaning against the wall, making it so the boy on top of him was practically sitting on him.

The Irish boy's green eyes were bright, such a contrast to the high school sweetheart.

But, even his dad had told the dark-haired boy that he seemed happier, that his light eyes held a certain happiness again.

The days had grown cold and the holidays were approaching, along with a 6 month mile stone for the two's relationship.

He'd run into the dark featured boy once, simply throwing him a smile before continuing on. He admitted that he still wasn't entirely over his high school sweetheart, but as he thought about it, he didn't think he'd ever get over this first love completely.

And that was okay.

It was okay because he found that that's how love worked most times. You'd fall for someone, maybe get your heart broken, but always hold a certain part of them with you.

It was difficult to start and get over love, but it was apart of most people's lives.

Mentally, he had gotten a lot better once he met the Irish boy. Not just because of their relationship, but because it gave him someone to talk to, to really talk to. They had similarities, but had differences. Their ideas could clash, but they worked well together.

And he was pretty sure he was in love again.

It took awhile, but he was almost positive that this is how he felt about the Irish boy.

With the thought in his head, he leaned down, placing his lips on the other's, hand moving to rest on his cheek.

The red-head kissed him back, his heart rate picking up with the familiar feel of his lips and knowing the boy was there.

They broke apart after a few moments, the pale boy resting his forehead against his boyfriend's, hand not moving.

His smile came back to his face as he spoke, his thoughts becoming clearer and his feelings turning to actions, "Eli?" He asked quietly, using his thumb to move some of the other boy's red hair out of his face.

"Hm?"

"I'm in love with you."

Eli smiled, a faint blush coming to his cheeks, "I'm in love with you too, Caleb."