two.

Dedicated to DaydreamAwayxx because I love her and her stories so much and bullet from a gun is just wughhhhggfjhglkdjfgh go read it! J x

chapter two.

“Remember when,” she whispered, her soft fingers grazing along the small outlines of my cheekbone. “You told me you loved me for the first time?” Her soothed voice cooed, as she kept her focused touch stuck to mine. The pads of her small fingertips trailed along my skin, leaving me in a state of thin bliss. I was captured simply by her mere existence – she was mine.

A low chuckle erupted from the back of my throat, and my chest shook coolly under her elbows that were perched on my chest. “Of course,” I smiled, “you didn’t say it back.” A smug look took place over my features, as I peeled my grip away from her thin wrist. The moonlight seeping through the black sky was pouring down on us, and of course reflecting on the water not too far away from us. It was a cliché moment you only read in books. But, every closer moment I spent with her, the more I felt like I finally got my fairy tale.

She giggled, the sweet sound singing through my ears. Her small palm came in contact with my shoulder, as she wacked me sheepishly. “You know why.” She jokingly warned. “Besides, I said it days after, didn’t I?” She smirked.

“After you left me hanging.” I countered, pointing my slim finger in her direction.

The silence soon roamed through the air around us, as she gave up our small fit of winning against each other. Her small breaths were lingering around the sensitive skin on my ear, her petite chest rising with each intake. I could distinctively hear the small yawns she tried her hardest to cover up, but failed. At this exact moment, this is what I lived for.

Her, and her only.

“Harry?” Her sweet voice broke.

“Hm.”

“Those guys – they’re gone, right?” She wearily questioned, the trembling and caution in her voice completely evident. “I mean, you’ve dealt with them?”

Silence.

Silence, because of course, I didn’t know exactly what I was supposed to say. I couldn’t shoot out another lie – hell, there was too many living behind me at this point. But she was so innocent, and so delicate. She knew the real world, but yet, she wasn’t ready to deal with what was in it. I was wrong to bring her into my life – Niall was, too. I knew what I was getting her wrapped up in, yet, I tugged her in the world of street horror, anyways. Wrong move, but it was already too late to take back. I was in too deep by now, and I couldn’t swim to shore.

So instead of answering her question the way she wanted me to, I assured her with something different.

“No matter what,” I promised, “I’ll protect you.

I tugged the keys out of the rusty ignition of my old truck, the broken springs in the seat screeching with every heavy movement I made in order to adjust. An odd smelling odor that wafted throughout the stuffy front of my vehicle was lingering around my nose, and I was strangely considering pulling back out of this lot and going home to take a shower. It’d been a long day, but I wasn’t settled until those fuckers were brought to justice.

My hardened glare was spotted and held on the brick, shadowed house merely feet away from this truck. The gloominess darkness outside was deserted – this safehouse was deserted, and that’s one of the reasons why Malik and his crew had purchased it anyways. I’m sure the police didn’t even know this piece of shit existed, anyways, so no doubt Zayn was here.

He was a man with too many problems. Not that I wasn’t, but right now, he just got another problem coming.

I sighed, grazing my palms along the outline of the pocket gun buried between my hip and the tightened belt tied around my waist. It was easier to grab if I needed it, and knowing what I was getting myself into, I brought it. My heart pace was quickening – not because I was afraid, but because I was facing someone that was a suspect of the murder of my girlfriend. I was coming face to face with someone who held all the power, simply because I had a weakness – and that was Darby.

I shook my head, the thoughts still screaming at me silently.  

With my hand latched around the mucky, sticky door handle, I shoved the piece of shit open, and shrugged myself out of the small opening, letting myself out of the vehicle.

The cool air whipped across my face, soaking my leather jacket with coldness. It was mid-April at this point, and though it was spring, the weather proved different.

“Malik!” A husk voice bellowed out from the distance, the sound of a gun cocking into place. My stomach dropped, knowing damn well that it wasn’t me who’d shouted, but someone else – someone who evidently spotted me, and someone who was bad company.

I stilled myself into place, unable to process myself, or lurch myself forward at the male who’d just ruined my fucking plan.

“Zayn, get ‘ur goddamn ass out here, ya’ wanker!” The man roared again, facing the threatening object directly at me, leveled evenly with my chest. “Fuckin’ trespasser over here!”

Heavy footsteps pounded against the concrete, as a lanky shadow towered over everything else in place. A hair styled elegantly into a quiff was poking through the corner of the wooden doorway not too far away from where the old guy was standing. I stood behind the box of my truck, my bottom half covered, but my top half not so lucky. On the other side of the box was the man, who was close enough to get good aim, but the way he held the gun had told me that he wasn’t too common with shooting one. After all, he was just a security monitor for the fucking brick wall anyways. No use for anything.

“You better fucking watch your back.” I muttered under my breath, directing the snide comment toward the unnamed kid before me. My vicious glare was piercing through every movement he made, throwing him in a state of un-comfort. His own darkened gaze held mine as well, but I wasn’t as effected by his gesture as he was to mine.

“Thomas!” A gruff voice huffed from behind the now named male, “I fucking told you to shoot the guy, not call me out, you dumb fuc-”

“Harry Styles?” Zayn puffed in disbelief, interrupting his own fumed sentence. Both his brows were quirked in confusion, with his chocolate eyes glistening in what looked like uncertainty. The fact that he wasn’t expecting me gave me some sort of satisfaction, and my ego somehow grew ten sizes bigger when he knew exactly who I was from one look.

He looked high – eyelids rimming with flustered pink, and cheeks flushed from the normal ivory colour, replaced with sheer paleness.

A cocky smirk folded along my lips, as I shoved my hands firmly in my pockets.

The one and only, you bastard.”

+++

hii

so this is really short simply bc im working my way up with the story – and the drama unfolds in the next chapter. This story is originally only spose to come out in like june, but im generous, and you guys are incredible, so I posted chapters early. J

darby will surely come into the story with her own pov soon. Maybe two more chapters?

IM REALLY SORRY I CUT IT SHORT JUST WHEN HARRY WAS ABOUT TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF ZAYN AND LIKE IDK KILL HIM PERHAPS???? 0.o BUT IM JUST TRYING TO GET YOU ALL LIKE EXCITED AND STUFF?? I REALLY WANT YOU GUYS TO LIKE THIS STORY I REALLY DO.

TELL ME WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE AND EVERYTHING – I TAKE ADVICE LIKE DAILY PILLS OKAY AND ILL EVEN PUT IN IT THE STORY??

ok love you!

comment and vote x