Chapter 34: We can make this.

Amber's POV

" I had a dream." I can't believe I just told Alexander the truth. His eyes widen and the bond starts shaking in shock and, yes, a little anger.

" I told you he should have known." My wolf says. She shuts up immediately, however, as we both notice Alexander's face: he's simply livid. He's shaking in anger, his wolf claiming to be revealed.

" A-Alex..." I try to calm him down. But I can't go on: what should I tell him? That I suffered terribly all these days because of a dream? That I didn't trust him enough to ignore a stupid dream and tell him the truth? And what was the truth? I don't know. I feel so guilty. Maybe we both need to argue. Maybe we both need to tell our truths. Maybe this is what the Moon is trying to get us do.

" I'm not mad at you." Alexander whispered through glittered teeth. What? " I'm not mad at you. Not at all. Dream or not dream, we can't have a child. We're not ready. I'm not ready. You saw what happens when kingdom comes before children. I don't want our babies to hate us like Josh has grown up hating both your parents and my parents. I'm mad at the Moon, who's put you through all of this." He eventually confesses. How can I deserve such a wonderful mate? He's simply wonderful. Maybe I simply imagined that dream. Maybe that was my subconscious telling I wasn't ready to bear a child. Protections wouldn't work, not properly: if the Moon's chosen I should get pregnant, she wouldn't have problems in making us "forget" to put condoms.

" S-so you agree...?" I ask him fearfully. He's my mate, and if the price I have to pay to keep him with me is a child, then I will happily pay it. I can't lose him, not now that I've learnt to love him. He smiles a bit, probably guessing my thoughts, as always.

" Yes. But it will be difficult. You will suffer, and a lot. And I... if I could, I'd take all the pain away, I'd suffer myself instead of seeing you dying in pain. I can't stand seeing you that way. But we both have to be strong. For us. And for our future children." He says, fighting his own instincts, fighting his own power, fighting his own will for me. I slowly approach him, still afraid he could get mad at me any time soon and eventually leave me to my sad faith. I've always been a strong woman, one who didn't need a boyfriend or craved for a mate. I used to be sure I wouldn't have even found one. I'd read a prophecy saying my mate would have been a powerful King, and this is why I'd once hung out with the British werewolves' king.

After I'd basically ran away from his palace, I almost started thinking that maybe King Redmoon would have been a better mate. Thomas, or, as he wanted me to call him, My Sweet Tommy, had a bizarre hobby: building mazes. When he hosted me in his castle for the Convention, he invited me to spend some more days with him. Thinking he could have been my mate, I'd accepted and had arrive, as we'd established, three days before the Meeting started. When we first met, he behaved wonderfully and, being the dreamer I am, I thought he was probably my mate but I couldn't feel it because of the shield. If only I'd known! Basically, he'd closed me into a maze, saying I had to reach a prise which was hidden in the middle of it. I felt like Harry Potter, literally. When I eventually found the entrance to the "prise chamber", I found nobody but the king wearing nothing but a cup which barely covered his cock.

" It was an extremely small cup, though..." my wolf cuts off my thoughts, making me chuckle a little.

" Yeah..."

" Alexander's much better..." she was definitely right. Thinking of my mate's... Uhm.... gifted body makes me suddenly go back to reality.

" We should get back to my palace, Alexander. We have work to do." I tell him wisely. He however has a strange expression on his face.

" Were you thinking of Tom the Mad- Uhm- Thomas the King of British werewolves?" He suddenly asks me. Uhm. He's becoming very good at reading my thoughts. I explore his mind just a little bit and see he's thinking of something that's happened to him, when he was back in London conspiring against me half a year ago. He was taking a shower after training when Thomas had asked him to see his penis the way he could get some "proportions". I burst out laughing and send him my memories inside that maze... at this points he laughs too, the way I can eventually admire the bright warm light that's lit up his amazing eyes. I was starting to miss that light. My world needs it to go on rotating.