Chapter 9: Fighting for the crown (part 1)

Amber's POV
I wake up in Stash's arms feeling like I am forgetting something. Immediately I remember the dream I've had during the night and the conversation with a disappointed Stash. I look at the alarm clock on the drawer: it's half past six.

Shall we go out for a run? My wolf asks me and I feel the need of stretching my wolf limbs and of shaking my golden fur in the wind. I'd love to but it's late... I'll shift later. I tell her trying to be convincing.

Then I look at Stash: he's still fast asleep, his chest raising regularly.
"He's so handsome...can you kiss him? I want to know how it feels like" My wolf says.                         

"How could you feel the kiss if I were still in human form?" I ask her trying not to blush.

"I'd feel your arousal my dear virgin" She replies chuckling.

"Shut up or I won't shift." I hiss in my mind, blushing violently and causing her to chuckle at my uneasiness.

"As you wish, my Queen." She says in a sarcastic tone.

"Don't you dare! What have I done to deserve everyone calling me Queen! "I shout in my mind feeling angry all at once.

Then I block my wolf out and growl hoping she would stop punching my lock mind link. I open my eyes once again and find a amused looking Stash staring at me.

" What?" I ask him bitterly, still angry at my wolf.

" Mind-linking someone? Everything ok?" He asks me looking worried this time.

I calm myself down and smile at him while I reply charmingly that I only wanted to check if everything was okay.

" Alright. I'll go to get a shower before anyone comes here and finds me in your bed." Stash tells me and starts getting up and moving towards the door.

" Stash!" I say and he turns around with his big blue eyes shining with hope, " thank you for tonight." I tell him lowering my gaze. I feel him coming closer and trying to touch my hand so I disable my shield and allow him to do so.

" Amber I..." He begins while I lift my head up to look at him. His gaze is so intense that I almost fall, it shows me a great love and anger and sadness. He seems so sad, and seeing him like this causes me a great pain. I feel my wolf pounching again against the block in my mind and I think I know what she's trying to tell me, but it's too early, I still have things to understand before accepting her advice. I must hold on.

" Never mind . I'll tell you later. You have to focus on what is going to happen today. I feel you're a bit stressed." He smiles weakly and leads towards the door and this time I don't stop him.

Thirty minutes later I'm sat on a bloody red sofa in the living room with Catharina who is explaining me some of Fairies's traditions while Mellanhar, Eric and Stash are discussing how to keep me safer during these two days at the mermaids' castle. They are really worried that the vampire King will try to kill me to gain my two crowns, but I think I know why he has asked about me: he knew he couldn't win against me without starting a war, so I think he'd choose the best way to gain a woman's power: marry her.

He knows I won't like to sacrifice my people in a pointless war, so he believes I would accept. The only way to refuse his proposal is to tell him I finally found a mate but... Did I? Better not  think about this.

" Guys calm down please!" I shout as they start yelling about who should have been right behind the restaurant and who should have killed the vampire King if he became dangerous, that actually meant before he even had the chance to talk. Stash and Eric are causing most of the noise, though: they growl and yell because they both want to kill the King and are fighting to show who's the best one.
They all turn around and stare at me with an embarrassed look on their faces.