Chapter 7

"Hey." she answered.

"Hey, what's up?" I replied trying to calm my voice but I could hear my nerves seeping through.

"Nothing, just acting like everything's normal. I am making dessert for Molly and I and about to sit down and watch a movie. What about you?"

"Well, I am actually calling because I saw Hunter in my kitchen." I said, trying not to yell at her.

"What?! What do you mean?" She sounded tense, she was trying not to yell and disturb Molly.

"When I was cleaning up the dishes I thought I heard something behind me, so I turned around and he was just standing there. When I tried to walk forward he just walked back, it seemed like he didn't want to get close to me. I didn't know what to do so I turned around and continued to work to see if he would come back. And then I thought I heard him walk towards my back again but when I turned around he wasn't there." I explained, trying to keep my voice calm.

"That is crazy! That is what I was telling you about when I said that I kept having a feeling like it was too late to save him or something! I keep seeing him whenever I turn around and he just stands there. What the heck do we do? I mean why is he doing this, where is he!? I need help, I don't know how to handle this." She said sobbing.

"Well, even though I never doubted you, now I really believe you. It's freaking me out," I said. "I am going to start thinking of a plan, I think we need to start with the police. Anyway, I will let you get back to your movie, talk to you later." And with that, I hung up.

When I turned around, Hunter was there again, but he seemed to be more present.

"Hi Hunter." I said. "How are you?" I didn't know what I was expecting him to say, but when he didn't say anything, I was a little disappointed. "I just wanted to let you know that Spring is really worried about you and really misses you." Still trying to be calm and not scare him away.

He just stood there, like he was studying me. Then I felt it, it was the strangest feeling I've ever felt, this boy in front of me was cold, I could feel the energy coming off him. Panicked, I reached out quickly to touch him and before my hand came near his face he was gone. Why was all of this happening to me and my family?

Instead of calling Spring again I figured that I would just go to bed and try to sleep it off, so I went upstairs to my room and settled into my soft blankets and drifted into the relaxed darkness of the night.

"Callie, what are you doing here? It's the middle of the night."

"I don't know, I just wanted to see you." Callie seemed weird, her eyes were glazed over and she wasn't talking normally.

"Well, you should just go back to the hotel because I don't really want to see you right now." I didn't want to sound harsh but it happened to come out that way. "Are you okay, you don't seem right? Not that I know what that is because you have been missing out of my life for the past five years." I said, adding the last part to hurt her.

"I know that. I just want to make it up to you." she said.

"And how exactly are you going to do that?" I asked.

"Well, I think I have an idea of where your girlfriend's brother is." she said hesitantly.