Chapter 8

Celeste walked into the Grand Master's place with a calm look on her face. She had been called by Alaric. She wanted to know what the fool wanted to discuss with her. It had to be important though. If not, she would walk away while the man is still talking. She never liked listening him. When he started opening his mouth, it was all about Lukedonia and she disliked it. He never stopped preaching about their laws. If there was an award, he would surely fill a cabinet with them given to him by the stupid Council for his oustanding work.

When she arrived, she saw Alaric standing at the center. Beside him was his Sergeant. He held a Commander's crest on his right hand. Celeste raised a brow upon seeing this. It was certainly for her. The fool wanted her to wear that again. But she had already told him that she would not accept it. What more did he want?

"I had already told you, Alaric. I had no interest in wearing the useless thing again." Celeste's tone was hard. She had a blank look on her face as she walked towards them.

"Yes, you have." Alaric nodded to emphasize that he already knew.

Celeste narrowed her eyes. Just looking at him, she knew that there was something going on and she was not going to wait for that to happen.

"What is..."

She never got to finish as Alaric drew out his blade. In a blink of an eye, he was already in front of her, swinging his sword to her torso. Out of pure instinct, she blurred away from Alaric's reach and appeared a few distance away. She was not cut by the blade nor even touched her. If Alaric wanted, he would have had to do better than that. But she was sure that the he was aware of the fact that something like that would never harm her.

Alaric did not look like he was going to attack again as he sealed his blade and went back to stand beside his sergeant. He then eyed her dangerously. "You are weak." There was a clear belief in his words. It was apparent with the look of his face and the tone of his voice.

"Do you really believe so?" Celeste giggled playfully. This was interesting. She had not calculated Alaric to play a dangerous game. But she already expected this. The old man always did try all his best to get her under his palm. He never understood that she was beyond his control.

"A long time ago, you would simply caught my sword. But this time, you ran away from my blade." The Grand Master's voice had no shred of doubt in his words.

"Are you saying that I dodged because it could have cut me?" Celeste smirked. It was indeed an interesting theory by the foolish man. But Alaric should have known the reason why she was called untouchable a long time ago. She's proven right when the old man responded.

"You are being cautious. Back in the old days, you always took an attack head on."

Celeste remained silent. That was certainly the truth. Whenever she was confronted by a stronger technique, she either took it head on or used her own to cancel it out. She even caught the old man's blade countless times. No one had ever done that. But she never ran away from a fight. She smiled. "What if I am simply changing my fighting style?"

"No..." Alaric trailed off as he eyed her from head to toe. "You are a mere shell. You no longer have the might you once had. An immense power that frightened even the deities. All need to do now is to..."

Alaric never got to finish his sentence when Celeste suddenly clapped her hands, sneering while doing so. She was not even the slightest worried. Alaric was always bold to make statements when he did. "Tell me, are you so positive about that?"

Meanwhile, the Grandmaster's eyes twiched dangerously. He hated it when someone dared to interrupt while he was still talking. If it wasn't for the fact that she was immortal, then she would surely crumble upon his presence. If he was given the chance, he would gladly put the woman back to eternal slumber. However, now is not the time. He had an important task to do.